• Please log in to reply
1273 replies to this topic

#1261 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

You are one fuckin' ignorant about science and scientists. Climatologists get a paycheck no matter what their data/reports conclude.

Science has proven that the global warming, which has been going on for over the last half century, is mainly caused by man.

Hey fuckin' ignor-anus.  Top of the mornin' to ya.

Your statement does not apply to those who are working on grants for example and those who are looking to get grants by figuring out how to better manipulate data models.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters. Undocumented and unregistered.

#1262 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22367 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:44 AM

POPULAR

Hey fuckin' ignor-anus.  Top of the mornin' to ya.

Your statement does not apply to those who are working on grants for example and those who are looking to get grants by figuring out how to better manipulate data models.

Anybody who has been found manipulating data has damaged their reputation and their chances of getting future grants.  Real science is self-correcting like that.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

#1263 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

Anybody who has been found manipulating data has damaged their reputation and their chances of getting future grants.  Real science is self-correcting like that.

Lol, uh huh sure.

You don't remember the Karl study.

In the summer of 2015, NOAA scientists published a study (“the Karl study”) that retroactively
altered historical climate change data, which resulted in the elimination of a well-known
climate phenomenon known as the “climate change hiatus.” The hiatus was a period
between 1998 and 2013 where the rate of global temperatures growth slowed. This fact has
always been a thorn in the side of climate change alarmists, as it became difficult to
disprove the slowdown in warming.
The Karl study refuted the hiatus and rewrote climate change history to claim that warming
had in fact been occurring. The Committee heard from scientists who raised concerns
about the study’s methodologies, readiness, and politicization. In response, the Committee
conducted oversight and sent NOAA inquiries to investigate the circumstances surrounding
the Karl study.

#1264 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22367 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:51 AM

Lol, uh huh sure.

You don't remember the Karl study.

In the summer of 2015, NOAA scientists published a study (“the Karl study”) that retroactively
altered historical climate change data, which resulted in the elimination of a well-known
climate phenomenon known as the “climate change hiatus.” The hiatus was a period
between 1998 and 2013 where the rate of global temperatures growth slowed. This fact has
always been a thorn in the side of climate change alarmists, as it became difficult to
disprove the slowdown in warming.
The Karl study refuted the hiatus and rewrote climate change history to claim that warming
had in fact been occurring. The Committee heard from scientists who raised concerns
about the study’s methodologies, readiness, and politicization. In response, the Committee
conducted oversight and sent NOAA inquiries to investigate the circumstances surrounding
the Karl study.

And how did anyone involved in any alleged data manipulation fare in getting grants afterwards?  

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

#1265 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

And how did anyone involved in any alleged data manipulation fare in getting grants afterwards?  

Don't know, however they're still collecting paychecks.

#1266 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22367 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

Don't know, however they're still collecting paychecks.

You know this even though you don't know any individuals?  

#1267 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

You know this even though you don't know any individuals?  

Federal employees Vince.  Every try and fire federal employees?  I've seen the process.  Like taking on congress.

#1268 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22367 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

POPULAR

Federal employees Vince.  Every try and fire federal employees?  I've seen the process.  Like taking on congress.

Science positions aren't usually secure in government.  Departments are subject to budget changes and Trump proposes cuts on all scientific fronts.  Thomas Karl though, who was attacked by Lamar Smith, later had his study affirmed by other scientists who used other data sets and methodology.  In other words, the study passed muster when looked at from an additional angle.  We have since learned more afterwards about why warming had slowed for a period and the main reason is that currents in the Pacific drew warm waters deep and basically stored it there.  The ocean doesn't have unlimited capacity to do that and the general effect is a warmer ocean, thus fuel for more intense weather events.  

#1269 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22877 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

Horacek_DenialistDragon_SM.jpg

Goliath doesn't always win. Sometimes David wins.  --paraphrasing Bill Moyers

#1270 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22367 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

POPULAR

Or the backside of our flat earth has turned darker and that absorbs more heat.  

#1271 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 22877 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

LOL

#1272 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

Glad to see you're accepting that the earth is flat - it's true ya know, it's all over youtube.

The darker side of the flat earth cannot absorb more heat because it is facing away from the sun thereby limiting the amount of absorptive emissivity available to it.

#1273 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 22877 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

Real estate industry blocks sea-level warnings that could crimp profits on coastal properties

http://www.newsobser...e173114701.html

Edited by prettylight, 15 September 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#1274 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22367 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:52 AM

POPULAR

Real estate industry blocks sea-level warnings that could crimp profits on coastal properties

http://www.newsobser...e173114701.html

"Last month, President Donald Trump rescinded an Obama-era executive order that required the federal government to account for climate change and sea level rise when building infrastructure, such as highways, levees and floodwalls. Trump’s move came after lobbying from the National Association of Home Builders, which called the Obama directive “an overreaching environmental rule that needlessly hurt housing affordability.”

"housing affordability"  lol  Beachfront homes on stilts aren't exactly low income housing.  

Yes, Trump is helping developers fleece deniers, so it's a kind of boomerang policy where those living by alt-reality will be karma-d on by having to wade home thanks to their denier in chief.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users