• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23590 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

POPULAR

Satire from the Borowitz Report

Trump Supporters Celebrate Imminent Loss of Their Health Insurance

by Andy Borowitz 06:07 P.M.

Borowitz-Cause-for-Celebration-690.jpg

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Moments after House Republicans voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act on Thursday, millions of Trump supporters celebrated the imminent loss of their health insurance.

From coast to coast, Americans who cast their votes for Donald J. Trump expressed jubilation at finally being relieved of the burden of being insured in the event of catastrophic illness.

“Ever since President Trump was inaugurated, I’ve been counting the days for him to take away my health insurance,”

Carol Foyler, a Trump supporter in Houston, said. “Today I just want to say thank you, Mr. President, for keeping your promise.”

Harland Dorrinson, a Trump voter from Tallahassee, Florida, said that he was “excited as hell about losing my health insurance” but sounded a more cautious note.

“I just hope the Senate doesn’t come in and give me back my health coverage,” he said. “Right now this all feels too good to be true.”

Most Trump supporters, however, would not let such gloomy predictions about the future ruin what for them was a day of unbridled celebration.

“Knowing that Trump could take away my Obamacare makes me feel super optimistic about what he’s capable of,” Tracy Klugian, of Columbus, Ohio, said. “I can’t wait until he gets rid of my Medicare.”

Edited by prettylight, 04 May 2017 - 10:34 PM.

Goliath doesn't always win. Sometimes David wins.  --paraphrasing Bill Moyers

#2 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22707 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:47 AM

POPULAR

Refugee children launch crowdfunding campaign to buy Ivanka Trump a Spa Day

http://rochdaleheral...-trump-spa-day/

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

#3 Goldi

Goldi

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 6637 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:41 AM

While I think Obamacare should not be repealed, but should be fixed, it is tanking under its own weight. 

However the crying and moaning from the Democrats is crazy and nuts. After all they were the ones who passed the failing monstrosity of Obamacare, without even knowing what was in it.  Even one of the Obamacare writers, Jonathon Gruber called those who believed it would work as "stupid Americans". They have only themselves to thank for what the Republicans are proposing.  If they would have been smarter in giving this nation good healthcare reform, we wouldn't need the Republicans to fix their failure.

#4 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22707 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:56 AM

POPULAR

While I think Obamacare should not be repealed, but should be fixed, it is tanking under its own weight. 

However the crying and moaning from the Democrats is crazy and nuts. After all they were the ones who passed the failing monstrosity of Obamacare, without even knowing what was in it.  Even one of the Obamacare writers, Jonathon Gruber called those who believed it would work as "stupid Americans". They have only themselves to thank for what the Republicans are proposing.  If they would have been smarter in giving this nation good healthcare reform, we wouldn't need the Republicans to fix their failure.

Do you deny that Republicans fought against Obamacare by attempting to undermine it by eliminating the individual mandate, by red states refusing to expand medicaid?  Causing Obamacare to tank under it's own weight, as you put it, is plan B of the GOP if they can't repeal it, not a concept built into the original ACA bill.  

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

#5 Artvandolay

Artvandolay

Really Senior Member

• LancTalkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2957 posts
  • LocationLancaster

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

Do you deny that Republicans fought against Obamacare by attempting to undermine it by eliminating the individual mandate, by red states refusing to expand medicaid?  Causing Obamacare to tank under it's own weight, as you put it, is plan B of the GOP if they can't repeal it, not a concept built into the original ACA bill.  

Gee, I don't recall the sorrow on the day Obama Signed It. What was it that Biden told Obama? Effin big del or something like that.

It will always be known as Obamacare, even after it dies on the vine.

Legacy.

It will always be known as ObamaCare. 

#6 skeptic2

skeptic2

Ask not what your country can do for you..

• LT Founder
  • 25187 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:39 AM

Gee, I don't recall the sorrow on the day Obama Signed It. What was it that Biden told Obama? Effin big del or something like that.

It will always be known as Obamacare, even after it dies on the vine.

Legacy.

(someone should answer this)

A bad beginning makes a bad ending. Euripides, Aegeus. Greek tragic dramatist (484 BC - 406 BC)

#7 Goldi

Goldi

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 6637 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

(someone should answer this)

The Obamacare implosion was predicted long before Trump became president.  The reason is because the true purpose of the Affordable Care Act was to destroy private insurance companies and make single-payer unavoidable.  Another reason for it's slow demise is skyrocketing premiums and insurance companies backing out of the exchanges, also happening long before Trump was president.  For insurers to be profitable in this market, there has to be active outreach to bring in new customers. The large increases in premiums, added to the insurance companies bailing out has slowed down the new customer base.  Also not Trump’s fault.  Trump has only been president for a little over 100 days, and Obamacare has been on a downward spiral long before he became president.

Edited by Goldi, 05 May 2017 - 09:39 AM.

#8 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16395 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:49 AM

The Obamacare implosion was predicted long before Trump became president.  The reason is because the true purpose of the Affordable Care Act was to destroy private insurance companies and make single-payer unavoidable.  Another reason for it's slow demise is skyrocketing premiums and insurance companies backing out of the exchanges, also happening long before Trump was president.  For insurers to be profitable in this market, there has to be active outreach to bring in new customers. The large increases in premiums, added to the insurance companies bailing out has slowed down the new customer base.  Also not Trump’s fault.  Trump has only been president for a little over 100 days, and Obamacare has been on a downward spiral long before he became president.

No. Farmer has it right as I have told you many times.

#bush43worstpresidentever

#9 Goldi

Goldi

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 6637 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

No. Farmer has it right as I have told you many times.

The Individual Mandate was eliminated January 21, 2017.  Obamcare's was on a downward trend way long before that.  So Farmer is wrong on that. As I said in the prior post, Obamcare was meant to fail, to make room for a single-payer health system.  Even it's writers said that.

#10 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16395 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

The Individual Mandate was eliminated January 21, 2017.  Obamcare's was on a downward trend way long before that.  So Farmer is wrong on that. As I said in the prior post, Obamcare was meant to fail, to make room for a single-payer health system.  Even it's writers said that.

It was on a downward spiral due to republicans undermining it every step of the way.

#11 Goldi

Goldi

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 6637 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

It was on a downward spiral due to republicans undermining it every step of the way.

Wrong, it was a downward spiral because of the way it was laid out.  Even the writers of the bill said as much.

#12 gp80mac

gp80mac

Beyond Mere Titles

• LT Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

Wrong, it was a downward spiral because of the way it was laid out.  Even the writers of the bill said as much.

Well, if this Trumpcare manages to actually happen - it will become Trumps' baby.  I look forward to your criticisms when it is even worse than Obamacare. 

Heh. Yeah, right.  We know that will never happen.  

PS. You really think anyone read this Trumpcare act? 

All posts and the information contained within are my opinion only, and do not represent any company, railroad, organization or anyone else.

And I feel I'll live on forever - with Satan himself by my side!

#13 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22707 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

POPULAR

This bill shifts a mountain of cash to the rich, but as far as ensuing damage through loss of insurance and sharply rising premiums and deductibles for many, blame is being outsourced to the states that chose to stick with the GOP ideology and that's very much likely the red states that screwed their own residents by not expanding medicaid.  So the pigeons will come home to roost for those folks who have a nasty habit of voting against their own best interests and that might become a force that changes some red states to purple or even blue.  Time will tell.  

Edited by Farmer Vincent, 05 May 2017 - 03:23 PM.

#14 Goldi

Goldi

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 6637 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

Well, if this Trumpcare manages to actually happen - it will become Trumps' baby.  I look forward to your criticisms when it is even worse than Obamacare. 

Heh. Yeah, right.  We know that will never happen.  

PS. You really think anyone read this Trumpcare act? 

I have been saying all along that they should keep Obamacare, but work at fixing the failing parts. But I suppose trolls only read what they want.

#15 gp80mac

gp80mac

Beyond Mere Titles

• LT Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:27 PM

POPULAR

I have been saying all along that they should keep Obamacare, but work at fixing the failing parts. But I suppose trolls only read what they want.

You also said Obamacare was meant to fail. Why would you want to keep something designed to fail?  But continue to spread lies and throw insults around, since that's all you ever do.   Your higher than thou act is stale.

Edited by gp80mac, 05 May 2017 - 07:28 PM.

All posts and the information contained within are my opinion only, and do not represent any company, railroad, organization or anyone else.

And I feel I'll live on forever - with Satan himself by my side!

#16 Goldi

Goldi

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 6637 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

You also said Obamacare was meant to fail. Why would you want to keep something designed to fail?  But continue to spread lies and throw insults around, since that's all you ever do.   Your higher than thou act is stale.

The architects of Obamacare predicted it would fail. Even Bill Clinton made comments to that extent.  However I think it can be fixed and I don't see how that is throwing insults and spreading lies.

#17 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22707 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

What's funny is that even though Trumpcare is designed to mainly give the rich a big break and that it will be worse than Obamacare, it's still better than having just private insurers raising premiums every year, denying claims as a matter of business model, and choosing who not to insure.  But it would still be far better to have universal healthcare like the rest of the developed world.  

#18 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16395 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

What's funny is that even though Trumpcare is designed to mainly give the rich a big break and that it will be worse than Obamacare, it's still better than having just private insurers raising premiums every year, denying claims as a matter of business model, and choosing who not to insure.  But it would still be far better to have universal healthcare like the rest of the developed world.  

I'm not sure why you think that. Trumpcare will do all those things you claim it won't. If anything I think the doctors will be forced to lower their rates because they will not have any patients, which might not be a bad thing. But you will see a lot of people selling their house if a catastrophic ailment hits their family. If you don't have Kimmel money what is a family to do?

#19 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22707 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:45 AM

I'm not sure why you think that. Trumpcare will do all those things you claim it won't. If anything I think the doctors will be forced to lower their rates because they will not have any patients, which might not be a bad thing. But you will see a lot of people selling their house if a catastrophic ailment hits their family. If you don't have Kimmel money what is a family to do?

Sure that will happen, but not as much in states that have already expanded medicaid and will establish their own high risk pools and we'll all likely pay more and receive less.  But if we live in a state that has the people's interest in mind over the self destructive smaller government ideology, we'll be better off than the bad old days of people not being able to get insurance and claims being denied.  Again though, it's not as good as Obamacare (if it were allowed to run the way it was intended) and single payer is the better way.  

#20 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16395 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

Sure that will happen, but not as much in states that have already expanded medicaid and will establish their own high risk pools and we'll all likely pay more and receive less.  But if we live in a state that has the people's interest in mind over the self destructive smaller government ideology, we'll be better off than the bad old days of people not being able to get insurance and claims being denied.  Again though, it's not as good as Obamacare (if it were allowed to run the way it was intended) and single payer is the better way.  

But the republicans want to strip $880,000,000.00 from Medicare which will make those states with expanded benefits not able to give the same benefits they are enjoying now. The high risk pool is bullshit. The $8 billion over 5 years will cover around 164,000 people. Problem is there is over 50,000,000 people with pre-existing conditions. Claims will be denied under trumpcare and people with pre-existing conditions will never be able to afford their premiums.

#21 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16395 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

Agreed about single payer. Goldi seems to think Obamacare was designed to bring us to single payer. Lol, she couldn't be more wrong. Trumpcare will be the catalyst to bring it on, but not before rioting in the streets.

#22 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22707 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

Agreed about single payer. Goldi seems to think Obamacare was designed to bring us to single payer. Lol, she couldn't be more wrong. Trumpcare will be the catalyst to bring it on, but not before rioting in the streets.

The right doesn't do riots unless they're far right radicals and they're the ones who lean more towards libertarianism than anybody.  But if enough people finally snap out of their fox news induced catatonic state and realize that some real world consequences of brand loyalty can be bad for their health, then maybe the way can be paved for Democratic contenders to win elections and then bring about better changes.   

#23 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16395 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

The right doesn't do riots unless they're far right radicals and they're the ones who lean more towards libertarianism than anybody.  But if enough people finally snap out of their fox news induced catatonic state and realize that some real world consequences of brand loyalty can be bad for their health, then maybe the way can be paved for Democratic contenders to win elections and then bring about better changes.   

You misunderstood me. The left will be rioting because of the extreme right trumpcare causing many people to die from both parties. Agreed about the Fox News brainwashing. I will not hold my breath for the Greiksters of the country to see the light.

#24 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16395 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

Just look at the topic of this thread. Trump supporting idiots celebrating their losing health insurance. Freaking morons.

#25 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 23590 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

Exposing GOP Cruelty, Alabama Rep Says Pre-Existing Conditions Are Your Fault

Republican Congressman Mo Brooks refers to healthy people as those who have 'led good lives'

#26 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22707 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

Just look at the topic of this thread. Trump supporting idiots celebrating their losing health insurance. Freaking morons.

Heh.  That's a satire.  

#27 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16395 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

Heh.  That's a satire.  

Had me fooled.

When 96% of these fools like this fool hard to tell what is real anymore.

#28 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22707 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

POPULAR

White House has no answer for 7 million veterans who stand to lose health care

“What started as a bad bill has now turned into a grotesque Frankenstein monster, a crude and rushed patchwork of mini-bills that hurt people who can least afford it.

Now, we find out that Trumpcare will strip tax credits from potentially millions of veterans, and flood the VA with new patients at a time the VA is understaffed to handle a rush, thanks to the Donald Trump’s hiring freeze.

Since the freeze went into effect, we’ve already seen wait times lengthen; the claims backlog that President Obama had virtually eliminated, starting to grow again. This will only cause things to get worse.

We cannot put it more simply than this: Trumpcare will punish veterans. You cannot be pro-veteran and vote for Trumpcare.”

http://shareblue.com...se-health-care/

#29 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 23590 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

POPULAR

Heh.  That's a satire.  

Here is its source:

http://www.newyorker...borowitz-report

some other recent funny, almost believable stories at the above link:

Fourth-Grade Class Touring White House Answers Trump’s Questions About the Civil War

Pence Really Thought He’d Be President by Now

Edited by prettylight, 06 May 2017 - 05:12 PM.

#30 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22707 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

POPULAR

America’s Health Is in the Hands of GOP Frat Boys

“Not only would the AHCA eliminate health insurance coverage for millions of Americans, the legislation would, in many cases, eliminate the ban against charging those with underlying medical conditions vastly more for their coverage.”

http://billmoyers.co...-gop-frat-boys/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Borowitz Report

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users