3 replies to this topic

#1 LTnewsDawg

LTnewsDawg

Just Ones and Zeros

• RSS Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75064 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:38 AM

MIAMI (AP) — The Cuban government is rejecting what it calls President Donald Trump's hostile rhetoric. Yet island officials say they remain willing to continue "respectful dialogue" on topics of mutual interest.

Trump issued a blistering denunciation of Cuba's communist government on Friday. At the same time he put a hold on the detente begun by President Barack Obama and rolled back some of the commerce and travel changes instituted by his predecessor.

Diplomatic relations restored just two years ago will remain intact and the countries will maintain embassies. But Trump vowed that trade and other penalties would stay in place until a long list of prerequisites is met.

Among them are releasing political prisoners, halting what the U.S. says is abuse of dissidents, and allowing greater freedom of expression

View the full article

#2 skeptic2

skeptic2

Ask not what your country can do for you..

• LT Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24395 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

Good try to draw attention away from the Mueller investigation.

He hasn't spoken about the apparent death of 7 sailors yet, has he? I listened to his weekly address and it wasn't there. Probably recorded the address earlier than usual so he could go to Florida. Just seems to be unable to do the expected things...

Edited by skeptic2, 17 June 2017 - 07:13 AM.

A bad beginning makes a bad ending. Euripides, Aegeus. Greek tragic dramatist (484 BC - 406 BC)

#3 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35142 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:35 AM

Good try to draw attention away from the Mueller investigation.

He hasn't spoken about the apparent death of 7 sailors yet, has he? I listened to his weekly address and it wasn't there. Probably recorded the address earlier than usual so he could go to Florida. Just seems to be unable to do the expected things...

Sorry Sparky - he wasn't in Marlo over the weekend - Disappointed?  I see by your multiple posts on his timely lack of timely responses you have joined the "Resistance" - nice.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters. Undocumented and unregistered.

#4 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22017 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:51 AM

His summer destination is his golf club in New Jersey.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users