20 replies to this topic

#1 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22367 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

POPULAR

We've experienced a sudden influx of new members who have addresses originating from Russian servers.  I caution all our members to not click on any links provided by someone you haven't previously seen on here, especially if it contains any Russian language and is unrelated to the topic.  

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

#2 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16128 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

We've experienced a sudden influx of new members who have addresses originating from Russian servers.  I caution all our members to not click on any links provided by someone you haven't previously seen on here, especially if it contains any Russian language and is unrelated to the topic.  

RUSSIA!

It was probably Grieker infecting our system with his multiple russian connections.

Searching for Hillary's lost emails.

#bush43worstpresidentever

#3 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22367 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

RUSSIA!

It was probably Grieker infecting our system with his multiple russian connections.

Searching for Hillary's lost emails.

Haha.  Actually Grieker alerted me to the influx of new members originating in the Ukraine and using Russian servers.  

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

#4 GeezUS

GeezUS

Axis Of Weevils

• LancTalkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4994 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

LOL... I mentioned these evildoers awhile back and grieky didn't feel like PERMAbanning them after their first post was just a link to some site. grieky keeps thinking they will somehow contribute to the conversation here. NOT! If someone's first post has nothing to do with the thread conversation and all it is is a link to some website... FUCK THEM by PERMAbanning 'em.

When I became convinced that the Universe is natural -- that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. I was free -- free to think, to express my thoughts -- free to live to my own ideal -- free to live for myself and those I loved -- free to use all my faculties, all my senses -- free to reject all ignorant and cruel creeds, all the "inspired" books that savages have produced -- free from popes and priests -- free from the fear of eternal pain -- free from devils, ghosts and gods. I was free. ~Robert G. Ingersoll - 1896

#5 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 22367 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

LOL... I mentioned these evildoers awhile back and grieky didn't feel like PERMAbanning them after their first post was just a link to some site. grieky keeps thinking they will somehow contribute to the conversation here. NOT! If someone's first post has nothing to do with the thread conversation and all it is is a link to some website... FUCK THEM by PERMAbanning 'em.

If they didn't present themselves as evildoers then it would have been premature to ban.  I had one theory that it was disaffected Russians with a thirst for western news who had found their way blocked by the VPN ban and perhaps couldn't access the usual news sources.  It could also be one person who has registered under a lot of different names.  We'll see how it goes.  

#6 GeezUS

GeezUS

Axis Of Weevils

• LancTalkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4994 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

If they didn't present themselves as evildoers then it would have been premature to ban.

Posting just a link, to some other website that has nothing to do with the thread topic on their first post is a pretty big HEADS UP that the poster is an evildoer who should be PERMAbanned.

Russians use TOR so no websites are banned to them.

When I became convinced that the Universe is natural -- that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. I was free -- free to think, to express my thoughts -- free to live to my own ideal -- free to live for myself and those I loved -- free to use all my faculties, all my senses -- free to reject all ignorant and cruel creeds, all the "inspired" books that savages have produced -- free from popes and priests -- free from the fear of eternal pain -- free from devils, ghosts and gods. I was free. ~Robert G. Ingersoll - 1896

#7 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:57 PM

"grieky keeps thinking they will somehow contribute to the conversation here"

Of course I do.  Geesh.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters. Undocumented and unregistered.

#8 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16128 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:26 PM

I think Lanctalk server needs rebooted or something. The feed seems to have dwindled down to almost nothing. Or maybe it's just me.

#9 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

I think Lanctalk server needs rebooted or something. The feed seems to have dwindled down to almost nothing. Or maybe it's just me.

LNP feed does seem off a bit; however CNN feed is "loud and clear".

#10 lanzate

lanzate

Tyler

• LT Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2204 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

So there continues to be 5-10 "new members" joining every day. Who are these people?
In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on things you have long taken for granted. -Bertrand Russell

#11 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16128 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

So there continues to be 5-10 "new members" joining every day. Who are these people?

I think we decided they are RUSSIAN bots.

LOL.

#12 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

I think we decided they are RUSSIAN bots.

LOL.

How is that mouse in your pocket doing?  lol.

Facebook is the RUSSIA collusion connection!

#13 lanzate

lanzate

Tyler

• LT Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2204 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

Someone here is being paid to post on a forem that is "active and growing"....and they are making it so.
In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on things you have long taken for granted. -Bertrand Russell

#14 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16128 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

How is that mouse in your pocket doing?  lol.

Facebook is the RUSSIA collusion connection!

True that. So you now admit there was collusion. At least your making progress.

#15 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:24 PM

True that. So you now admit there was collusion. At least your making progress.

DNC and RUSSIA - absolutely.  Trump and RUSSIA - absolutely nothing shown yet.

#16 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16128 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

DNC and RUSSIA - absolutely.  Trump and RUSSIA - absolutely nothing shown yet.

you have a unique talent of operating a cherry-picker while wearing blinders.

Bravo.

#17 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

you have a unique talent of operating a cherry-picker while wearing blinders.

Bravo.

So you know of something that no one else does?  Do tell.

#18 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16128 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

So you know of something that no one else does?  Do tell.

Here I'll fix it for you;

DNC and RUSSIA - absolutely nothing shown yet.  Trump and RUSSIA - absolutely.

#19 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

Here I'll fix it for you;

DNC and RUSSIA - absolutely nothing shown yet.  Trump and RUSSIA - absolutely.

DNC refuses to turn over drives to FBI.  Hillary destroyed over 33,000 emails and lied about those.  There is a connection between the DNC and foreign governments.  Trump has complied with all requests and nothing has turned up.  In fact Mueller is reduced to searching financial (not in the scope) records.

#20 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 16128 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

DNC refuses to turn over drives to FBI.  Hillary destroyed over 33,000 emails and lied about those.  There is a connection between the DNC and foreign governments.  Trump has complied with all requests and nothing has turned up.  In fact Mueller is reduced to searching financial (not in the scope) records.

I'll remind you that Clinton's impeachment started out about real estate and ended with him lying about Monica (totally unrelated to real estate).

The many paths from
Trump to Russia

By Marshall Cohen and Tal Yellin

Special Counsel Robert Mueller and committees in both chambers of Congress are investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 election and whether there were any links or coordination between the Trump orbit and the Russian government. Here is a summary of known connections between Trump associates and Russia. Updated August 3, 2017, 6 a.m. est

http://www.cnn.com/i...ia-connections/

#21 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 35882 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

I'll remind you that Clinton's impeachment started out about real estate and ended with him lying about Monica (totally unrelated to real estate).

The many paths from
Trump to Russia

By Marshall Cohen and Tal Yellin

Special Counsel Robert Mueller and committees in both chambers of Congress are investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 election and whether there were any links or coordination between the Trump orbit and the Russian government. Here is a summary of known connections between Trump associates and Russia. Updated August 3, 2017, 6 a.m. est

http://www.cnn.com/i...ia-connections/

No, no, no, no.  Real estate was but one facet of the investigation.  Quote from Wiki...

The charges arose from an investigation by Ken Starr, an Independent Counsel. Originally dealing with Whitewater, Starr, with the approval of United States Attorney General Janet Reno, conducted a wide-ranging investigation of alleged abuses, including the firing of White House travel agents, the alleged misuse of FBI files, and Bill Clinton's conduct during the sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a former Arkansas government employee, Paula Jones. In the course of the investigation, Linda Tripp provided Starr with taped phone conversations in which Monica Lewinsky, a former White House Intern, discussed having performed fellatio on Clinton. At the deposition, the judge rejected the plaintiff's lawyer's definition of the term "sexual relations"[3][4] that Clinton claims to have construed to mean only vaginal intercourse. Judge Wright then told the attorneys they could be as explicit as necessary in asking their questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users