• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 Citydweller

Citydweller

Head Inmate

• Administrators
  • 8667 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

I`ve only posted 2 pics and can`t post another.What`s up with that???

Please be more specific.... in what way were you unable to post a pic? No "attach" button? An error message?

"P.S. If you do not receive this, of course it must have been miscarried; therefore I beg you to write and let me know."
- Sir Boyle Roche, M.P.

#32 Kate

Kate

• LT Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1975 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:03 PM

If you've posted photos that are greater than 500kb then you're unable to post more until you delete the older photos from your managed attachments. There's apparently a limit for photos.

I've had to clean out my managed attachments several times in order to post new photos. The problem lies in that once you've cleaned out your managed attachments, those photos will no longer appear with the thread where you posted them.

#33 GeezUS

GeezUS

Axis Of Weevils

• LancTalkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:34 PM

If you've posted photos that are greater than 500kb then you're unable to post more until you delete the older photos from your managed attachments. There's apparently a limit for photos.

I've had to clean out my managed attachments several times in order to post new photos. The problem lies in that once you've cleaned out your managed attachments, those photos will no longer appear with the thread where you posted them.

Hammer, use:

http://www.tinypic.com/

...to post your images. Once you've uploaded a pic, they will give you a code to paste into chat boards. (It's the one with the IMG tags.) Paste the code inside your post. Hit your "preview" button and VOILA... it's there. Never be bothered by a 500kb limit ever again. Boo-YAH!
When I became convinced that the Universe is natural -- that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. I was free -- free to think, to express my thoughts -- free to live to my own ideal -- free to live for myself and those I loved -- free to use all my faculties, all my senses -- free to reject all ignorant and cruel creeds, all the "inspired" books that savages have produced -- free from popes and priests -- free from the fear of eternal pain -- free from devils, ghosts and gods. I was free. ~Robert G. Ingersoll - 1896

#34 peddler

peddler

Just Visiting

• LT Founder
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationmillersville

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

Just a test post to see if I can.

#35 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21220 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

have been getting some messages like this:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 524288) (tried to allocate 393216 bytes) in C:\wamp\www\lanctalk.com\Forums\admin\sources\base\ipsRegistry.php on line 772

Goliath doesn't always win. Sometimes David wins.  --paraphrasing Bill Moyers

#36 GeezUS

GeezUS

Axis Of Weevils

• LancTalkers
  • 4745 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

POPULAR

have been getting some messages like this:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 524288) (tried to allocate 393216 bytes) in C:\wamp\www\lanctalk.com\Forums\admin\sources\base\ipsRegistry.php on line 772

You get that error when your computer and chat forum reaches the absolute maximum number of "cut & paste" posts it can stand.

When I became convinced that the Universe is natural -- that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. I was free -- free to think, to express my thoughts -- free to live to my own ideal -- free to live for myself and those I loved -- free to use all my faculties, all my senses -- free to reject all ignorant and cruel creeds, all the "inspired" books that savages have produced -- free from popes and priests -- free from the fear of eternal pain -- free from devils, ghosts and gods. I was free. ~Robert G. Ingersoll - 1896

#37 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 21220 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

You get that error when your computer and chat forum reaches the absolute maximum number of "cut & paste" posts it can stand.

Really?

#38 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 21220 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

Gremlins--for the last few weeks, can only access this site about half the times I try.

or a third of the times.

#39 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 20971 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

Gremlins--for the last few weeks, can only access this site about half the times I try.

or a third of the times.

Me too. 

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

#40 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 14863 posts
  • Locationcolumbia

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

That makes 3.
Maybe its a conservative/liberal thing. Lol.
#bush43worstpresidentever

#41 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 21220 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

That makes 3.
Maybe its a conservative/liberal thing. Lol.

a taste of the internet "slow lane"? lol

#42 daisy-dog

daisy-dog

Cha-Ching!!!

• LancTalkers
  • 9403 posts
  • Locationpoconos

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

Me four

#43 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 21220 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

Me four

This issue cleared up nicely for a while (for me)...have been experiencing it again today and yesterday, however.

#44 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 21220 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:18 AM

^

same as above...more of that going on again over the last few days.

It did seem to let up for a nice long while, though.

#45 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 21220 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:31 PM

gremlins again with this site today...maybe it's my computer.

But if it's happening to anyone else, it's not just you.

:ajscralc:

Edited by prettylight, 27 October 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#46 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 20971 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:47 PM

POPULAR

gremlins again with this site today...maybe it's my computer.

But if it's happening to anyone else, it's not just you.

:ajscralc:

Seems like once or twice a week this site and a couple others get really slow.  Trouble free Comcast.  

There's been some trojans and other nasty stuff out there.  One apparently snuck in under my security radar a couple of weeks ago and gave me black screen at login.  I could get on in safe mode, so I had to hook up with an IT service to get the system cleaned out.  'Puter's like a kid that isn't a little angel all the time.  

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

#47 GeezUS

GeezUS

Axis Of Weevils

• LancTalkers
  • 4745 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:58 PM

Seems like once or twice a week this site and a couple others get really slow.  Trouble free Comcast.  

Don't blame Comcast when this site opens in slo-mo.

#48 Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 20971 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:43 PM

POPULAR

Don't blame Comcast when this site opens in slo-mo.

I know and am used to that, but sometimes it's extra slow along with some other sites and with game play.  I should do a speed check when that happens.  

I recently looked into boosting speed and saw that Comcast has something called Blast that would up the average speed to 150mb for three bucks a month more, so I had them switch me.  Found out that the most our area can get on a good day from them is 105mb and I was getting 90, which is the same speed without Blast.  It's kind of underhanded of them to advertise 150 when they can't deliver it.  

#49 GeezUS

GeezUS

Axis Of Weevils

• LancTalkers
  • 4745 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

POPULAR

I know and am used to that, but sometimes it's extra slow along with some other sites and with game play.  I should do a speed check when that happens.

I rarely have problems with speed with my wired computer. But on occasion I will have problems with my wireless computers. The cure is turning off my wireless router for a few seconds and restarting the laptops. This of course will not cure the slowness of getting onto this website which most experience from time to time.

I have speed test websites bookmarked on every device so i can check whether it's comcast or that particular website ... or my router.

#50 prettylight

prettylight

unpaid poster

• LancTalkers
  • 21220 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

weird--it seems like at least three posts on several different threads, that were here this morning/earlier, are now missing.

They weren't particularly controversial or attacking other posters, just normal posts.

just some kind of website glitch, maybe?

#51 Citydweller

Citydweller

Head Inmate

• Administrators
  • 8667 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:30 PM

POPULAR

We were moved to a new server on Sunday, and it's possible a few loose posts didn't make it when the databases were rebuilt. But we are now on a high speed server with real-time backup and redundancy. Most of you should notice the site running much faster now.

We will also be upgrading to the latest version of the board software soon, which will increase stability and security even more.

"P.S. If you do not receive this, of course it must have been miscarried; therefore I beg you to write and let me know."
- Sir Boyle Roche, M.P.

#52 grieker

grieker

Village Constable

• Moderators
  • 33871 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:34 AM

We were moved to a new server on Sunday, and it's possible a few loose posts didn't make it when the databases were rebuilt. But we are now on a high speed server with real-time backup and redundancy. Most of you should notice the site running much faster now.

We will also be upgrading to the latest version of the board software soon, which will increase stability and security even more.

Saweet - can you say tertiary?  

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters. Undocumented and unregistered.

#53 GeezUS

GeezUS

Axis Of Weevils

• LancTalkers
  • 4745 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

New server still gives me this error from time to time...

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\lanctalk.com\Forums\ips_kernel\classDbMysqliClient.php on line 234

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users