Sign in to follow this  
Citydweller

Poll: Multi-Quote Feature?

Multi-quote post feature  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should the "multi-quote" feature be active?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If "yes", how many posts should be quotable in a reply?

• Two
    • Four
    • Six
    • Eight
    • Ten (the original setting)
  3. 3. When considering cheeses, do you prefer:

• Camambert
    • Gouda
    • Reggiano
    • Cup
    • Limberger
    • Mozzerella
    • Sliced
    • Brie

Citydweller

Please tell us what you think about the "multi-quote" feature on the forums. A few folks have raised issues about it, so we want to know what most of you think. We will keep/ kill / adjust this feature based on the poll results.

Thanks for playing along.

artiesee

I'm not really sure what is being discussed here is the "MultiQuote" feature.

I understand "MultiQuote" to mean that a person can reply to more than one post at once. As we had already discussed in a different thread, this requires selecting every single post that you wish to reply to.

I believe what you all are talking about is "nested quotes", where quoting someone else's post drags in a previous post that person had quoted. This leaves us with a post within a post within a post within a post ad infinitum.

Is there any way to fix the quotation feature that it does NOT include a previous quote? In other words, the way it is now, if I reply to your post, in which you replied to someone else's post, my post shows someone else's post within your post; can this be turned off? This is the way TalkBack used to work.

Is everyone totally and completely confused now?

Citydweller

Inability to take poll should be fixed now. SORRY.

The Silent One

It does help if you don't want to read the entire thread. You can see who responded to who.

I would like to know, however, how I am at nearly a 25% warning status without a bad word to say to anyone. Is this a democracy here or am I being sent away?

FDR

It does help if you don't want to read the entire thread. You can see who responded to who.

I would like to know, however, how I am at nearly a 25% warning status without a bad word to say to anyone. Is this a democracy here or am I being sent away?

Got me? I will say that I accidentally when dragging my mouse boosted somebodies warn status to the hilt a few weeks back. Glad I caught it right away. LOL

culturalinfidel

Got me? I will say that I accidentally when dragging my mouse boosted somebodies warn status to the hilt a few weeks back. Glad I caught it right away. LOL

Thats what happens when you wear out your mouse wheel.

Later...CI

FDR

Thats what happens when you wear out your mouse wheel.

Later...CI

:310v:

:jptdknpa:

Goldi

I don't like the multi-quote thingy. However it isn't a big deal, I just scroll over all the prior posts and delete all except the one I am directly addressing.

Messyg17

Stupid mouse! You should get yourself a smart mouse!!

Not to worry silent one I had a warning a while back. I think I cussed someone out!! My mouth got properly washed out with soap and it was gone!! Should I come over there with a bar of Ivory?

Messyg17

Please tell us what you think about the "multi-quote" feature on the forums. A few folks have raised issues about it, so we want to know what most of you think. We will keep/ kill / adjust this feature based on the poll results.

Thanks for playing along.

I haven't a problem with the multi quote, I believe its the embedded quoting that has Geezusesesess shorts in a knot. When you clique on the reply and all the previous posters mulit quotes come along for the ride. Evidently his mouse isn't up to it.

I do have BFH out on the work bench, if you need IT help of any kind. ;)

Edited by Bitte

acm_acm

I find the multiquote tedious, seeing the same sets of replies over and over and over and.....

If we want threads, that's fine. See how CNN or the Yahoo!Finance message boards do it. Posts are in threads, but are there once and only once.

If that's not feasible, can we at least limit the # of quotes?

Messyg17

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!! On the past few replies I tried to post, if the poster I'm replying to has already included a multi quote, it bars me from replying until I delete some of the previous posters multi-quotes. AND if you don't delete between [ quote ] frames correctly you get another pink note that the quotes don't match up.

This is using the simple reply under another's post, not the "add reply" gizmo.

K8fearsnoart

I do have BFH out on the work bench, if you need IT help of any kind. ;)

how are big furry hams going to help with the addams' cousin?

:skype_emoticons_set_2_5590_2599

K8fearsnoart

:104:

i would also like to voice my displeasure with the cheeses selected.

i'm sure we can all get behind a good mozzarella.

but honestly, city, you didn't even include farmer's, cheddars, or provolone?

no monterey(sp?) jack?

no colby?

and sliced- that's not very specific, and can even include velveeta. (not to anger anyone, velveeta has its place, but really!)

and american is a "cheese product".

and you know that you love cream cheese, especially in french toast or on a bagle with some gravad lox.

this part of the poll is ridiculous and unamerican.

:24:

city- why do you hate america?

:skype_emoticons_set_2_5590_2599

GeezUS

MULTI-quote should be active... with NO limit. "Nested" quotes should be turned OFF.

Citydweller

Well, there's this setting:

Stop Quote Embedding?

This will remove any quoted text when quoting a post that contains quotes

I wanna know who writes these settings explanations....

artiesee

Well, there's this setting:

Stop Quote Embedding?

This will remove any quoted text when quoting a post that contains quotes

I wanna know who writes these settings explanations....

Isn't there any way to allow ONE quoted text when quoting a post that contains quotes?

OR, is this statement trying to say that it will remove any quoted text from WITHIN a quoted post that contains quotes?

:dunno:

The Silent One
Isn't there any way to allow ONE quoted text when quoting a post that contains quotes?

OR, is this statement trying to say that it will remove any quoted text from WITHIN a quoted post that contains quotes?

:dunno:

It can be done-see, hee hee

JSMathiot

guess I'm the only one who prefers cup cheese...

artiesee

Has anyone cut the cheese yet?

K8fearsnoart

eew....

after this awful diagnosis, i'm really glad to have found out that i can still have mozzarella.

well, american, too, but that isn't, well, really cheese.

artiesee

Now when hit "Reply" the only quoted message will be the one you are replying to. If you wish to add more than one quote, you must use the muti-quote feature. And for the number of posts allowed we are waiting to see what the poll results are.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!!

Messyg17

Now when hit "Reply" the only quoted message will be the one you are replying to. If you wish to add more than one quote, you must use the muti-quote feature. And for the number of posts allowed we are waiting to see what the poll results are.

TA DA!!