Sign in to follow this  
artiesee

Small Images Enlarged And Distorted

artiesee

For the past week or so, I've noticed that any relatively small images that are posted are displayed much larger than their original size, often distorting the dimensions. The images appear to be stretched to fit some kind of standard template.

This never used to work like that, until rather recently. In the past, I've uploaded a number of small images that were displayed at their actual size.

OR, is this a new bug with Firefox 3.6.7? Is anyone else seeing this graphic anomaly?

FDR

For the past week or so, I've noticed that any relatively small images that are posted are displayed much larger than their original size, often distorting the dimensions. The images appear to be stretched to fit some kind of standard template.

This never used to work like that, until rather recently. In the past, I've uploaded a number of small images that were displayed at their actual size.

OR, is this a new bug with Firefox 3.6.7? Is anyone else seeing this graphic anomaly?

What images? Example might help. I have uploaded quite a few lately and they all looked just fine.

Messyg17

Artie, when I originally uploaded the pics of my daughter at the Phillies game with the ice cream, the first one was as you described. The others turned out fine so I went back and deleted the pic (OOPS!) ;) and worked on it in my adobe photo and reloaded it and then it came out ok. Not sure what I did, but it worked.

irisheyes

I tried to post a photo in mod chat however the photo posted twice. Deleted it twice. It comes up as a regular photo then again as a "thumbnail" photo. The image is also distorted.

I will send you the photo.

artiesee

I know she's ugly, but not nearly THAT bad...

post-3-12799361251638_thumb.jpg

The original is 151 by 211 pixels at 72dpi.

Citydweller

AGAIN, I think this isn't worth wasting alot of time on until we see what upgrading the board does. The way things are set, images too large for the page template should be reduced, and images smaller than that size should remain as they are.

Clearly, that isn't happening all of the time. Had problems myself. Not going to lose sleep over it when we're leaving this boat soon enough.

artiesee
Not going to lose sleep over it when we're leaving this boat soon enough.

ABANDON SHIP!

GeezUS

I know she's ugly, but not nearly THAT bad...

post-3-12799361251638_thumb.jpg

The original is 151 by 211 pixels at 72dpi.

19a4d5.jpg

No problem here. (There never is.) As I've said sooooooooooo many times... use a image hosting service like tinypic.com to host your images.

artiesee
No problem here. (There never is.) As I've said sooooooooooo many times... use a image hosting service like tinypic.com to host your images.

I did notice that linked pictures worked OK. The problem is uploaded pictures.

skeptic2mod

post-7-12799918679433_thumb.jpg

ETA :)

Edited by skeptic2

finchfeeder

Just testing.

post-834-0-94212100-1383829596_thumb.png

Edited by finchfeeder