Sign in to follow this  
LTnewsDawg

Opinion: SMART REMARKS: Obama on drugs: He should know better

FDR

So alcohol doesn't effect you like it does other people. I guess you're going to tell us that you drink 50 Proof Listerine because you like the taste.

No, science tells us that someone it is very unlikely that someone with a BAC of 0.12 is not going to have impaired judgement and reflexes. Who knows, you might be some metabolic anomaly. But the cops springing someone with a BAC of 0.12 is a violation of the law. Well aren't you special.

I knew a fellow some years back who claimed that alcohol did not impair his ability to drive. Then he killed 2 people over on Rt 74. Oops.

You really do hate the fact that God created some of us to be superior don't you? Sorry but we can't help it...................just the way it is.

Oh...........I'm glad you finally admitted that your science is faulty in many cases.

Farmer Vincent

And you just like any other discussion ignore the facts. Why do you hate the truth and reality in this world? Is it because it makes you guys look bad or just that it makes you look stupid?

What facts are you putting forth about different people having different tolerances to different substances? I affirm that and logically conclude that pot should be given the same consideration in that regard as alcohol. In your story about the drunk driver, were you saying that it was the substance that was to blame or was it really the woman's poor judgement to drink and then drive? You said in the past that there will always be idiots with guns, but it isn't the guns that are at fault. I saw the similarity, so is that stupid?

FDR

What facts are you putting forth about different people having different tolerances to different substances? I affirm that and logically conclude that pot should be given the same consideration in that regard as alcohol. In your story about the drunk driver, were you saying that it was the substance that was to blame or was it really the woman's poor judgement to drink and then drive? You said in the past that there will always be idiots with guns, but it isn't the guns that are at fault. I saw the similarity, so is that stupid?

First you're going to have to have your scientists come up with a method to instantly check levels of toxicity for pot. Or do you want to have everyone with bloodshot eyes taken in for processing? Kind of like taking every "brown" person in for questioning in Arizona isn't it?

I was saying that she isn't worth the air she breathes. I made that pretty clear. The alcohol has nothing to do with that.

nvh

You really do hate the fact that God created some of us to be superior don't you? Sorry but we can't help it...................just the way it is.

Oh...........I'm glad you finally admitted that your science is faulty in many cases.

I'm not rightly sure that the ability to drink vast sums of alcohol, whether imagined or real, is any kind of "superiority".

You remember Pee Dee Kline, who put himself down for a dirt nap with a BAC of 0.71. He probably thought he was still sober right up till his heart stopped.

FDR

I'm not rightly sure that the ability to drink vast sums of alcohol, whether imagined or real, is any kind of "superiority".

You remember Pee Dee Kline, who put himself down for a dirt nap with a BAC of 0.71. He probably thought he was still sober right up till his heart stopped.

Maybe not but it's right up there with me being able to run circles around you ass in just about anything. Do you have some scientific study that proves otherwise?

Farmer Vincent

First you're going to have to have your scientists come up with a method to instantly check levels of toxicity for pot. Or do you want to have everyone with bloodshot eyes taken in for processing? Kind of like taking every "brown" person in for questioning in Arizona isn't it?

I was saying that she isn't worth the air she breathes. I made that pretty clear. The alcohol has nothing to do with that.

Funny thing about pot is that you can't consume too much. With alcohol, you can die.

Edited by Farmer Vincent

FDR

Funny thing about pot is that you can't consume too much. With alcohol, you can die.

What scientist told you that?

Farmer Vincent

What scientist told you that?

That's been long known.

Marijuana and Overdosing

"No. There has never been a documented case of marijuana overdose.

In order for a human to consume enough marijuana to be fatal, they would have to consume nearly 40,000 times the amount of THC required to intoxicate them. In contrast, it only requires about 5 to 10 times the amount of alcohol required to intoxicate, to be fatal. For example, if it requires 3 beers to intoxicate you, it only requires 15 to 30 beers to kill you. However, if it takes you 3 'hits' of marijuana to intoxicate you, it would require 120,000 hits to kill you. Thus, it is virtually impossible to die of a marijuana overdose.

Edited by Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

When it comes to smoking, most statistics say it will take about 800 joints in a short period of time to actually overdose a person to the point of death.

A person should be vomiting or passed out well before this point.

Your point?

Edited by Farmer Vincent

Farmer Vincent

Before you say, "Well, some people will drive while high."

Driving while high may not be as bad as once thought. A study conducted by Hartford Hospital and the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine found that smoking marijuana has little effect on driving skills.

The study was published in the March issue of the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, according to an article in

The Hartford Courant.

Using legal marijuana supplied by the

National Institute of Drug Abuse and the University of Mississippi, researchers tested 85 participants under the influence on their ability to avoid crash-causing traffic incidents, such as avoiding a driver entering an intersection illegally or deciding to stop or go through a changing traffic light.

Researchers found no significant difference between the control group given placebo cigarettes and the group given marijuana cigarettes. However, the study did find that the drivers given marijuana were more easily distracted when under the influence.

Though an interesting conversation point--especially as California prepares to vote on legalizing marijuana next November--these findings do not in any way say that it is safe or legal to drive while high.

Indeed, according to a

2004 fact sheet from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, marijuana has "been shown to impair performance on driving simulator tasks and on open and closed driving courses for up to approximately 3 hours."

FDR

That's been long known.

Marijuana and Overdosing

"No. There has never been a documented case of marijuana overdose.

In order for a human to consume enough marijuana to be fatal, they would have to consume nearly 40,000 times the amount of THC required to intoxicate them. In contrast, it only requires about 5 to 10 times the amount of alcohol required to intoxicate, to be fatal. For example, if it requires 3 beers to intoxicate you, it only requires 15 to 30 beers to kill you. However, if it takes you 3 'hits' of marijuana to intoxicate you, it would require 120,000 hits to kill you. Thus, it is virtually impossible to die of a marijuana overdose.

Guess you've never hit a 6 foot bong. The beautiful thing about it is I know no one who smokes pot and doesn't drink at the same time or at least most of the time. Most drink quite heavily when smoking pot. Ever see someone quite drunk from booze and then take a few hits from a bong. Tell me they can't die from it after they pass out and suffocate on their own vomit or tongue. Dieing as a result of only smoking pot may be quite rare but dieing from adding it to other circumstances and substances isn't all that rare. Now put stoners behind the wheel and you can say that pot does indeed kill just like alcohol since everyone of us that has done it reacts differently. I couldn't drive on my best day after hitting the bowl but could drink many beers and function quite normally. You want those with the same reaction to be able to go buy a nice bag of weed at the local store huh? Good luck picking up the pieces of them and those that they kill when they wreck or cause a major wreck.

You don't have to deal with that very often at all these days since it isn't readily available and for the most part those that use it do so at home or in places they won't be going anywhere. That will all change and change in a big way if you get what you want. You think we have a problem with DUI and DUI related accidents now....................just wait till pot is readily available.

FDR

Before you say, "Well, some people will drive while high."

Driving while high may not be as bad as once thought. A study conducted by Hartford Hospital and the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine found that smoking marijuana has little effect on driving skills.

The study was published in the March issue of the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, according to an article in

The Hartford Courant.

Using legal marijuana supplied by the

National Institute of Drug Abuse and the University of Mississippi, researchers tested 85 participants under the influence on their ability to avoid crash-causing traffic incidents, such as avoiding a driver entering an intersection illegally or deciding to stop or go through a changing traffic light.

Researchers found no significant difference between the control group given placebo cigarettes and the group given marijuana cigarettes. However, the study did find that the drivers given marijuana were more easily distracted when under the influence.

Though an interesting conversation point--especially as California prepares to vote on legalizing marijuana next November--these findings do not in any way say that it is safe or legal to drive while high.

Indeed, according to a

2004 fact sheet from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, marijuana has "been shown to impair performance on driving simulator tasks and on open and closed driving courses for up to approximately 3 hours."

Your study is complete bullshit. I was a daily smoker back in my younger years and that isn't some secret. I wrecked my car once high and was in two other cars with drivers that were high.............driving skills go out the window with the smoke when people smoke pot. Drive around the city for a few blocks at 10mph sure............hell a two year old can do that but get stoned and drive in a rural area and the vehicle is in the field or ditch quite often.

Leave things the way they are and we'll be fine but legalize it and you're going to have a train wreck of epic proportions. Those guys at Harvard must have been high when they came up with those results.

Guest daddyG
A roadside study of reckless drivers who were not impaired by alcohol, showed that 45% of these drivers tested positive for marijuana. (Dr. Dan Brookoff, published in the New England Journal of Medicine)

In a survey of 150 marijuana using students, 59% surveyed report they sometimes forget what a conversation is about before it has ended. 41% report if they read while stoned they remembered less of what they had read hours later. (Dr. Richard Schwartz, Vienna Pediatric Associates in Psychiatric Annals as reported in NIDA Capsules)

An "amotivational syndrome" can develop in heavy, chronic marijuana users. It is characterized by decreased drive and ambition, shortened attention span, poor judgment, high distractibility, impaired communication skills, and diminished effectiveness in interpersonal situations. (National Institute of Drug Abuse)

Adults who smoked marijuana daily believed it helped them function better, improved self-awareness and improved relationships with others. However, researchers found that users were more willing to tolerate problems, suggesting that the drug served as a buffer for those who would rather avoid confronting problems than make changes that might increase their satisfaction with life. The study indicated that these subjects used marijuana to avoid dealing with their difficulties and the avoidance inevitably made their problems worse. Although users believed the drug enhanced understanding of themselves, it actually served as a barrier against self-awareness. (case studies by research team from Center for Psychosocial Studies in New York.)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/dope/body/effects.html

Edited by daddyG

Farmer Vincent

Your study is complete bullshit. I was a daily smoker back in my younger years and that isn't some secret. I wrecked my car once high and was in two other cars with drivers that were high.............driving skills go out the window with the smoke when people smoke pot. Drive around the city for a few blocks at 10mph sure............hell a two year old can do that but get stoned and drive in a rural area and the vehicle is in the field or ditch quite often.

Leave things the way they are and we'll be fine but legalize it and you're going to have a train wreck of epic proportions. Those guys at Harvard must have been high when they came up with those results.

The study was done by the University of Mississippi and National Institute of Drug Abuse, (not exactly your Cheech and Chong community college), and with a sufficient number of test subjects to get a decent stat.

The trouble with finding traces of pot in people who are involved in accidents is that THC is water soluble, so it accumulates in fat tissue. The percentage reading you get is higher two days after ingestion because of that, long after the effects have worn off. Sure, if you smoke a little weed and then drink two six packs there might be a problem. But ... And the prevalence of pot found in people's systems should tell you that there's a prevalence of pot smoking going on despite the war on drugs. If the government handled dispensing, they would have some control over who gets access, age and amount. Points against you from being in an accident? Cut you off.

FDR

The study was done by the University of Mississippi and National Institute of Drug Abuse, (not exactly your Cheech and Chong community college), and with a sufficient number of test subjects to get a decent stat.

The trouble with finding traces of pot in people who are involved in accidents is that THC is water soluble, so it accumulates in fat tissue. The percentage reading you get is higher two days after ingestion because of that, long after the effects have worn off. Sure, if you smoke a little weed and then drink two six packs there might be a problem. But ... And the prevalence of pot found in people's systems should tell you that there's a prevalence of pot smoking going on despite the war on drugs. If the government handled dispensing, they would have some control over who gets access, age and amount. Points against you from being in an accident? Cut you off.

Never got caught so no points. :P

Farmer Vincent

Never got caught so no points. :P

So it was poor judgement on your part to drive while intoxicated. You could have chosen to either not get high or not drive. Exactly the same thing as with drinking.

Edited by Farmer Vincent

FDR

So it was poor judgement on your part to drive while intoxicated. You could have chosen to either not get high or not drive. Exactly the same thing as with drinking.

Chose to get high and then chose to drive.............absolutely and I take full responsibility for that. I learned that day that it would never happen again. After that day I wouldn't pull my car across the street let alone drive down the road after smoking pot. The mind alterations of pot far exceed that of alcohol with some people as I have just shown. You just claimed that your scientists said people don't get nearly as impaired on pot as they do with alcohol. I'm merely pointing out that your scientists are full of shit. I'm sorry that you are unable to accept this fact.

Guest daddyG
If the government handled dispensing, they would have some control over who gets access, age and amount.

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids! :jptdknpa:

Farmer Vincent

Chose to get high and then chose to drive.............absolutely and I take full responsibility for that. I learned that day that it would never happen again. After that day I wouldn't pull my car across the street let alone drive down the road after smoking pot. The mind alterations of pot far exceed that of alcohol with some people as I have just shown. You just claimed that your scientists said people don't get nearly as impaired on pot as they do with alcohol. I'm merely pointing out that your scientists are full of shit. I'm sorry that you are unable to accept this fact.

If given the choice between a strictly supervised and unbiased study involving 75 test subjects and your opinion ... This is a hoot. Here I am a non smoker defending use of pot against someone who smokes and likes it.

post-61-0-24519400-1338924366.jpg

Sign in to follow this