Sign in to follow this  
Jasman1017

Failed To Post

Jasman1017

Why is it that when I type a reply and it takes me a while to compose it (which is true for almost all of my posts) do I get screen that ESSENTIALLY says it failed to post? Does this happen to anyone else? I usually click the back button, cut my text, and then go back again to the comment I was replying to and start the process over except I then paste my old text. Not that hard to do, but it's kind of a buzz kill.

Becky

Why is it that when I type a reply and it takes me a while to compose it (which is true for almost all of my posts) do I get screen that ESSENTIALLY says it failed to post? Does this happen to anyone else? I usually click the back button, cut my text, and then go back again to the comment I was replying to and start the process over except I then paste my old text. Not that hard to do, but it's kind of a buzz kill.

No offense, but City asked me this when I had problems:

Perhaps you have cheap suck-ass internet service that can't even compete with what you get at 8,400 feet in the middle of nowhere?

:)

FDR

Happens to me all the time. After going round and round with ideas as to what it might be and anything from my service, my computer, to the server it seems as I understand it to be the server during busy times or something like that. I can move right along for an hour or so with no issues and then a few hours later it does it to me repeatedly. I agree.................buzz kill.

daisy-dog

Busy server.

Just be patient.

Jasman1017

No offense, but City asked me this when I had problems:

Perhaps you have cheap suck-ass internet service that can't even compete with what you get at 8,400 feet in the middle of nowhere?

:)

Yeah, that sounds like him. That also sounds like my internet service.

Citydweller

Yeah, that sounds like him. That also sounds like my internet service.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be changing ISP's when we get home from vacation. We've driven across the country, staying at truck stops and picking up free wifi at local restaurants and gas stations, along with "shaky" dish internet at the top of a mesa in the middle of nowhere and right now from self-described "weak" wifi at the top of the rockies..... and all along the whole damn trip the board has loaded fast as hell with no problems other than the wifi dropping here and there.

I wasn't sure if my ISP was part of the problem for me before, but I sure as hell am now.

GeezUS
I wasn't sure if my ISP was part of the problem for me before, but I sure as hell am now.

Nope, you're still not sure. I'm guessing your cable/dsl modem is dying.

When you get back go to:

www.pingtest.net

and run the test. If you have (high) packet loss (mine is 0) the problem is more than likely your modem.

Citydweller

Nope, you're still not sure. I'm guessing your cable/dsl modem is dying.

Modem is less than 90 days old. Last one did melt down after 6 years and I bought a pretty decent Netgear wireless modem/router that quadrupled speed and performance.... from totally suck-ass up to piss poor. I've been getting better connections at diners, truck stops and free hot-spots than I ever got from Frontier...especially with this site and a few others.