Sign in to follow this  
LTnewsDawg

A gift for my 'liberal' friends

LTnewsDawg

I thought it would be nice to give my liberal friends a Christmas gift (sorry, holiday gift). The first thing that came to mind was a new label. I am not very comfortable with "liberal." It just seems, well, too liberal. I don't like "loons on the left," even though I know a few. And with all the ta...

View the full article

skeptic2mod

Don't need a new name.

Happy to be called a liberal.

Happy with name I was born with, the people who had this name before me weren't perfect but they were pretty good. And I'm not gonna change my name for professional gain.

Happy with the church of my ancestors. It isn't perfect either, but you get back what you put into it. I know what the church stands for because it doesn't change. The canons of my church aren't a mystery. I don't go to a web site or a newspaper column to find them. And they won't change my church based on polling.

Oh, and my political views aren't viewed with contempt at my church. Actually, sir, we don't talk about politics at my church.

To be clear, pigs will fly before I change my name. And, you know, Kennedy and Humphrey and Carter and Dukakis and Joe Sestak and Dennis Kucinich are liberals and they were better men than you and I, Pastor Steve.

And in my circles (where politically I am in the minority), being called a liberal is not a big deal.

nvh

Pastor Butts weighs in! :D

He knows a lot about name changing.

Gone and forgotten

This guy's last name was Butts, correct? Before he changed it to Cornell?

And he's lecturing on name change without the tiniest bit of irony or personal disclosure?

Where's that 'banging head against wall' emoticon when you need one...

prettylight

And he's lecturing on name change without the tiniest bit of irony or personal disclosure?

Here you go, G&f.---> :wallbashdc1:

skeptic2mod

That he changed his name was not lost on me...

here u go PL

post-7-0-40457000-1356280628.jpg

Gone and forgotten

This would be great for gawker.

prettylight

That he changed his name was not lost on me...

here u go PL

post-7-0-40457000-1356280628.jpg

Hahahaha! That's right. :lol:

Goldi

The responses here validate the point of the article.

skeptic2mod

oh BS

He's serious right?

Nothing wrong with the name "liberal"

GeezUS

He's serious right?

The author and Goldi would prefer the new label: Aconservative

ralph jesus

The HNIC of Lanc County fake christendom doesn't see the irony of him spewing hatred of his neighbor while professing to love jesus.

Good Lord the hypocrisy is so deeply entrenched in his subconscious it just flows effortelssly like diarrhea after a fine Mexican dinnner.

Goldi

oh BS

He's serious right?

Do you feel the same about the name “conservative� Is there anything wrong with that name?

daisy-dog

liberal is someone who favors censorship of Christianity plus increased government spending, power, and control, as in ObamaCare. Increasingly, liberals side with the homosexual agenda, including supporting homosexual "marriage". Many liberals favor a welfare state where people receive endless entitlements without working. Liberals are often anti-Christian, or otherwise disagree with moral or social principles held by many American Christians. The liberal ideology has worsened over the years and degenerated into economically unsound views and intolerant ideology. Some liberals simply support, in knee-jerk fashion, the opposite of conservative principles without having any meaningful values of their own.

Polling data has consistently shown that a decreasingly large percentage of Americans identify as conservative, rather than as liberal, currently by 38% to 21%. Younger people and those with higher levels of education are more likely to identify as liberal.[1]

The decline in liberal principles can be illustrated by how Franklin Delano Roosevelt opposed and condemned public sector unions, stating that the idea of collective bargaining can't be transferred from the private to the public sector, as that would result in the government being unable to carry out its duties. Yet today, decades later, Democrats and liberals are in lock-step with public sector unions, as they "donate" money to the reelection campaign in exchange for more taxpayer money in their wallets and fluffed up pensions.

A liberal generally supports many of the following political positions and practices:

• Spending money on government programs (the significant economic problems in the Eurozone due to government debt will no doubt increasingly discredit this aspect of liberal ideology and make things more difficult for advocates of liberal economic ideologies)
  • Government's ability to solve economic problems[2]
  • The belief that terrorism is not a huge threat, and that the main reason for Muslim extremists' hostility towards America is because of bad foreign policy [3]
  • Taxpayer-funded and/or legalized abortion
  • Cessation of teacher-led prayer in classrooms and school/state-sponsored religious events.
  • Support for gun control

http://conservapedia.com/Liberal

Pastor of Muppets

Do you feel the same about the name “conservative� Is there anything wrong with that name?

Yes. Since the republican party has been taken over by whackos, I connect that word with extremism. Rush, Norquist, Koch Bros., legitimate rape, protecting the rich at the expense of the poor, wars, anti-science, gun nuts, on and on.

nvh

There was a point to the article?

Looked to me to just be a whole package of name-calling and nothing else. Kind of like "Nonny nonny bo bo" in essay form. Now I guess you could say that us 'liberals' are doing the same thing, but there is one crucial difference. We are just light-heartedly making fun of one person who is behaving like an idiot. Butts is condemning millions of people, and is deadly serious.

skeptic2mod

No, but to me a conservative doesn't legislate morality or want foreign entanglement. There are blue dig Dems I love, u know and the older Bush was alright-- Dole too.

skeptic2mod

No, but to me a conservative doesn't legislate morality or want foreign entanglement. There are blue d;g Dems I love, u know and the older Bush was alright-- Dole, Steve Forbes and Jack Kemp too.

52skidoo

Yes. Since the republican party has been taken over by whackos, I connect that word with extremism. Rush, Norquist, Koch Bros., legitimate rape, protecting the rich at the expense of the poor, wars, anti-science, gun nuts, on and on.

53% Believe GOP Policies Are Too Extreme

- CNN/ORC Poll 12/18/12

52skidoo

There was a point to the article?

Looked to me to just be a whole package of name-calling and nothing else.

"We can..stop assuming that the way to beat them is with better policy ideas." - Rush Limbaugh 2/28/09

"[N]o solutions, just anger, paranoia, insecurity and partisan hatred." - Conservative Andrew Sullivan 6/30/10

Edited by 52skidoo

mrkglsr65

No, but to me a conservative doesn't legislate morality or want foreign entanglement. There are blue dig Dems I love, u know and the older Bush was alright-- Dole too.

The older Bush was the honor guard for the New World Order. He, and his ilk, are responsible for the demise of US sovereignty in favor of the corporate oligarchy of the UN, CFR and the Rockefellers.

Pastor of Muppets

his last name was Butts before he changed it? Was his first name Richard by chance? :)

mrkglsr65

I agree that a true conservative doesn't want government legislating morality or getting involved with foreigners.

52skidoo

I agree that a true conservative doesn't want government legislating morality or getting involved with foreigners.

"We are the party of big ideas."

- GOP Rep. Marsha Blackburn 12/9/12

LOL

Thelsa Doom

The HNIC of Lanc County fake christendom doesn't see the irony of him spewing hatred of his neighbor while professing to love jesus.

Good Lord the hypocrisy is so deeply entrenched in his subconscious it just flows effortelssly like diarrhea after a fine Mexican dinnner.

More racism from the resident faux Christian.....nice going Joe.

Edited by Martin Riggs

Pastor of Muppets

Are there not enough current topics for you to troll?

ralph jesus

Are there not enough current topics for you to troll?

Yeah he keeps dragging up things from years ago, both real and imaginary.

Cue twilight zone music .......

Imagine what home life must be like...

for those who live there.

YIKES!!!!!!!

simpleton

Yeah he keeps dragging up things from years ago, both real and imaginary.

Cue twilight zone music .......

Imagine what home life must be like...

for those who live there.

YIKES!!!!!!!

More irony from you who drags up posts from the past and from other forums. You are pathetic.

Sign in to follow this