Sign in to follow this  
LTnewsDawg

Reason takes on gun violence

FDR

The point FDR is making is that in a deadly force situation you want as many BB's in you gun as possible.

Same reason I carry a .45 with 14 rounds in it compared to most who carry BB guns. Limiting my choice of defense is endangering me and those around me not to mention unconstitutional.

Thelsa Doom

Same reason I carry a .45 with 14 rounds in it compared to most who carry BB guns. Limiting my choice of defense is endangering me and those around me not to mention unconstitutional.

Glock? Para? Beretta? Springfield ? Inquiring minds what to know.

I have gone to Glock 10mm ( 16 rounds )

FDR

Glock? Para? Beretta? Springfield ? Inquiring minds what to know.

I have gone to Glock 10mm ( 16 rounds )

Springfield XD Tactical model with the 5 inch barrel.

Thelsa Doom

Springfield XD Tactical model with the 5 inch barrel.

Nice selection.......I am rolling with the compact Glock 29 with Glock 20 mags as backup.

It does happen:

"As the gunman was finally brought to ground, tackled by one brave passenger and pinned by two others as he sought to reload his pistol for a third 15-shot rampage, David Farrell joined a reinforcement group that came from hiding to grab his legs and arms. "We held on and the gunman said, 'Oh God, what did I do? What did I do? I deserve whatever I get.' "

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/09/nyregion/death-on-the-lirr-the-rampage-gunman-in-a-train-aisle-passes-out-death.html?scp=4&sq=&st=nyt

Loughner fired all 31 bullets in the magazine and was reloading when a woman in the crowd, already wounded, attempted to grab

the gun from him. He finally changed the magazine and tried to fire, but the gun jammed. Meanwhile, two men from the crowd grabbed him and subdued him, officials said.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan/09/nation/la-na-0110-gabrielle-giffords-20110110

Considering how rare mass shootings are, it is quite significant to be able to point to 2 instances where a shooter was stopped when he reloaded.

Would be stopped sooner in the presence of armed resistance.

GeezUS

Would be stopped sooner in the presence of armed resistance.

Neither was very bright ... shooting in a narrow crowded train car and the other doing a reload surrounded by a crowd ... plus using a 30 round mag in a Glock. 30 round Glock mags are nice ... for the range, but I would never ever use one where my life was on the line. (The length and weight of it is just asking for a misfire/jam.) A weapon is able to reach out and touch someone at a distance. Clear an area and keep that distance (especially when you need to reload). (The idiot in AZ reminds me of those idiots in zombie movies who always get surrounded by the walking dead and then gets bitten while firing their last round.)

Sign in to follow this