LTnewsDawg

Parents face transgender rules

LTnewsDawg

I've spent a lot of time in Massachusetts. My wife grew up there and, for many years, we continued her family's tradition of vacationing on Cape Cod. There are many things I enjoy about Massachusetts, not least of which is its place in American history. We love visiting Plymouth and driving down old...

View the full article

Pastor of Muppets

This guy is one of the biggest homophobes I've ever seen/read. I think that equal rights and protections under the law is just basic common sense. Mr. Butts keeps whining about the gays having an agenda. I can see his bigoted agenda of spreading fear and hatred. If I went to his church I would change churches. Everyone can have their own opinion, and I know that some or most do not approve of gays. Just live and let live already.

Jasman1017

At the risk of going down the Santorum Slippery Slope...when do you stop making exceptions for people's differences? Okay, so a kid identifies himself as wanting to be female, so what do we do? Place that outwardly male student in the locker room of the girls? If it's okay policy-wise for the male transgender student to be in the girls' room, then isn't it wrong to have a homosexual male student in a boys' locker room because there could be sexual attraction issues in there? When and where do you draw a line at what's reasonable?

thatdavebeans

I went to school with some peoe who turned out to be gay, I came even remember if any of them were in any of my gym classes nor to I even care. I suppose if there is a gay kid that is sexually harassing someone in the locker room then they should be separated, but if not what's the big deal?

May I add that Cornell is an ignorant, uneducated and bigoted buffoon.

Goldi

Why not use some common sense ?

If a person has male anatomical parts, that person uses the locker room intended for those who have the same male anatomical parts.

If a person has female parts, they use the locker room with others who have the same female anatomical parts.

There, the answer is simple.

All kids deserve to treated with respect and kindness no matter what sex they are or what sex they think they are. Allowing someone with a penis to utilize the girls locker room, or a person with a vagina to utilize the boys locker room, will create a situation that opens the door to bullying, teasing and making fun.

Gone and forgotten

What about monorchids? Do they get their own locker room? Or people born with both sets of sex organs? It does happen. Where should they be? These things happen more than you think. Should the school board have them strip naked to make a determination? And the uncircumcised versus the circumsized. Should they be separated as well? I've heard some men are grossed out by either one.

Edited by Gone and forgotten

thatdavebeans

Why not use some common sense ?

If a person has male anatomical parts, that person uses the locker room intended for those who have the same male anatomical parts.

If a person has female parts, they use the locker room with others who have the same female anatomical parts.

There, the answer is simple.

All kids deserve to treated with respect and kindness no matter what sex they are or what sex they think they are. Allowing someone with a penis to utilize the girls locker room, or a person with a vagina to utilize the boys locker room, will create a situation that opens the door to bullying, teasing and making fun.

Are you implying that gender and sex are the same thing?

thatdavebeans
Gender Identity

One's psychological sense of self. A person's sense of being male, female or other gendered. The gender to which one feels they belong.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/heartland/transgender-identity-31212.htm?__utma=1.1053145126.1363017151.1363017151.1363017151.1&__utmb=1.15.10.1363017151&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1363017151.1.1.utmcsr=m.plannedparenthood.org|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/mt/www.plannedparenthood.org/heartland/transgender-identity-31212.htm&__utmv=-&__utmk=68645393

ToldYouSo
What about monorchids?

Don't they still have male parts?

Or people born with both sets of sex organs? It does happen.

Very rare and most are corrected. Therefor they have a physical identity.

Is this the slippery slope they warned us about?

http://www.bpnews.net/BPFirstPerson.asp?ID=38655

Gone and forgotten

Don't they still have male parts?

Very rare and most are corrected. Therefor they have a physical identity.

Is this the slippery slope they warned us about?

http://www.bpnews.ne...on.asp?ID=38655

Yes they may still have male parts but not enough of them to qualify for the norm.

As far as people who are born intersexed, i.e. both sets of sex organs, no, they no longer "correct" them during childhood. They customarily now wait until the individual identifies what gender they prefer. And some people born this way choose not to have any surgery done because they are happy the way they were born.

Edited by Gone and forgotten

FDR

I went to school with some peoe who turned out to be gay, I came even remember if any of them were in any of my gym classes nor to I even care. I suppose if there is a gay kid that is sexually harassing someone in the locker room then they should be separated, but if not what's the big deal?

May I add that Cornell is an ignorant, uneducated and bigoted buffoon.

So did I. We were allowed to speak our mind and tell him to keep his gay eyes on the floor and off of our asses. Today a kid would be suspended or expelled for telling someone to keep their eyes off them in the locker room or the shower.

Pastor of Muppets

So did I. We were allowed to speak our mind and tell him to keep his gay eyes on the floor and off of our asses. Today a kid would be suspended or expelled for telling someone to keep their eyes off them in the locker room or the shower.

As they should be.

thatdavebeans

I'm sure if there were an issue today it could be brought up and measures could be taken to reprimand the gay student, who was probably only being bullied in the first place.

FDR

As they should be.

Like hell they should be. So it's fine with you if a gay person is scoping out someone's naked body in the the locker room or shower? Sorry but fuck that. That got your ass kicked years ago and would get your ass kicked today.................as it should.

thatdavebeans

Like hell they should be. So it's fine with you if a gay person is scoping out someone's naked body in the the locker room or shower? Sorry but fuck that. That got your ass kicked years ago and would get your ass kicked today.................as it should.

Aw. I guess being checked out by someone who finds you attractive isn't a compliment? Too insecure to just say that you don't swing that way?

thatdavebeans

Is this an assault? The kid suffered a concussion and a chipped tooth, and the assailant was only suspended for three days.

FDR

Aw. I guess being checked out by someone who finds you attractive isn't a compliment? Too insecure to just say that you don't swing that way?

Nothing to do with security level. Let me catch you looking at my goods once and see how your day goes.

thatdavebeans

Nothing to do with security level. Let me catch you looking at my goods once and see how your day goes.

Ew. No thank you.

FDR

Is this an assault? The kid suffered a concussion and a chipped tooth, and the assailant was only suspended for three days.

It's safe to say the kid with a concussion and a chipped tooth won't look at someone naked in the locker room again. Well worth the suspension to teach a lesson like that.

thatdavebeans

It's safe to say the kid with a concussion and a chipped tooth won't look at someone naked in the locker room again. Well worth the suspension to teach a lesson like that.

Bullshit. That was a hate crime.

FDR

Bullshit. That was a hate crime.

Nah....that's defending one's individual right to take a shower without being gawked at for having a great ass and a colossal cock. No one has the right to look at someone else in the shower when they are forced to take a shower in a public environment. Keep your eyes on the floor or you'll get your ass kicked and that's the way it should be.

thatdavebeans

Nah....that's defending one's individual right to take a shower without being gawked at for having a great ass and a colossal cock. No one has the right to look at someone else in the shower when they are forced to take a shower in a public environment. Keep your eyes on the floor or you'll get your ass kicked and that's the way it should be.

Such insecurity.

Pastor of Muppets

ahhh, the good old days....

FDR

ahhh, the good old days....

Hardly. That's here and now whether you and your politically correct crowd like it or not. Guy sneaks a peak of a girl naked and he either gets beat down or put in jail but if a guy sneaks a peak at another guy he's supposed to be given a pass because he's gay. Um....yeah....screw that.

Pastor of Muppets

Hardly. That's here and now whether you and your politically correct crowd like it or not. Guy sneaks a peak of a girl naked and he either gets beat down or put in jail but if a guy sneaks a peak at another guy he's supposed to be given a pass because he's gay. Um....yeah....screw that.

you're a strange dude.

thatdavebeans

you're a strange dude.

Perhaps he is a risk to someone. Better lock him up to be safe, because you never know.

Thelsa Doom

Yes they may still have male parts but not enough of them to qualify for the norm.

As far as people who are born intersexed, i.e. both sets of sex organs, no, they no longer "correct" them during childhood. They customarily now wait until the individual identifies what gender they prefer. And some people born this way choose not to have any surgery done because they are happy the way they were born.

What is the occurrence rate? It sounds to me like your grasping at straws.

thatdavebeans

What is the occurrence rate? It sounds to me like your grasping at straws.

What in the hell does the rate of occurrence have to do with it? He is grasping at straws why, because he brings facts to the table about things that happen naturally in human beings? What, because it is a rarity would you rather be free to ridicule them and discriminate against them? Because it is something that you just don't agree with, understand, both? You can feel for those born with birth defects, right? Is it so hard for you to understand that there are people who are born with different preferences, or who identify with the person inside of them that in no way agrees with what is on the outside? People who at times mutilate themselves because they feel they have the wrong parts or just outright kill themselves because they can not stand themselves on the outside?

Thelsa Doom

What in the hell does the rate of occurrence have to do with it? He is grasping at straws why, because he brings facts to the table about things that happen naturally in human beings? What, because it is a rarity would you rather be free to ridicule them and discriminate against them? Because it is something that you just don't agree with, understand, both? You can feel for those born with birth defects, right? Is it so hard for you to understand that there are people who are born with different preferences, or who identify with the person inside of them that in no way agrees with what is on the outside? People who at times mutilate themselves because they feel they have the wrong parts or just outright kill themselves because they can not stand themselves on the outside?

It has everything to do with it....you seem to think that the VAST majority must be hostage to the whims of every whiny freak that comes down the fucking line. So society now must cater to everyones " preference " ? And how will that be determined?

thatdavebeans

It has everything to do with it....you seem to think that the VAST majority must be hostage to the whims of every whiny freak that comes down the fucking line. So society now must cater to everyones " preference " ? And how will that be determined?

All they want is to be able to live their lives without being discriminated against. That's all. Many of these people have already gone through enough hell because of who they are. Not who they want to be, but who they ARE. Someone posted on this thread or another that it doesn't make a difference because they have always been here. Why not, at that point, take a good hard look at a "DON'T BE A DICK" sticker and think "that's a great idea!"?