Sign in to follow this  
LTnewsDawg

'Reform' a tired refrain

LTnewsDawg

Let's play a little game, shall weSee if you can predict the number of times our gubernatorial candidates will use the word "reform" over the next month and a half.Republican Tom Corbett and Democrat Dan Onorato — not to mention their handlers and flacks — are off to a running start...didi

100?d=yIl2AUoC8zA 100?d=YwkR-u9nhCs 100?d=qj6IDK7rITssi8tKSO59xI

View the full article

skeptic2mod

Steele must be more popular locally than I ever realized.

skeptic2mod

Onorato and Corbett debate in Hershey Monday night, and it will be on PCN.

HarlDelos

Onorato and Corbett debate in Hershey Monday night, and it will be on PCN.

The ads Corbett are running are pretty defensive. "They say it's a gimmick, but just watch me." Well, gee, Tom, if you give me $10 million tomorrow, I'll give you $1 billion in ten years, just wait and see. What do you mean, you don't trust me? It goes both ways, mister.

And now LNP is referring to Onorato as a Democrat, but calling Tom Corbett a half-Republican. They must really be POed at him. That's an impossible allegation to refute; no matter what you say, they can respond, "Yeah, but we were talking about your OTHER half."

Onorato doesn't come across as well in print, but he seems like a nice friendly guy on TV. Corbett comes across well in print, but on his TV ads, he seems to be a gruff bulldog. Gruff bulldogs might be a good image for a prosecutor, but as governor, don't you want someone a little nicer?

I started out disliking both options for both governor and senate, but Dan Onorato is starting to look less unacceptable than his competitor. If only there was a way to hold Spector's seat open, and let Bob Casey cast two votes.

Sign in to follow this