Guest paperdoll

This Board Has A Problem

Guest paperdoll

Can someone please explain what the heck is going on?

I have posted 5 times. It says so by my name and on my profile. But check for my posts and there are 3 listed. One whole thread is gone that I posted to, and with it 2 of the 5 posts.

I went to the Give Us Suggestions thread that citydweller and Artie See asked for feedback. And you can't post on it.

I am feeling really jerked around right about now.

The thread that disappeared a poster called Table Salt was asking Artie See these questions. And now it is gone. Gulag anyone?

Guest paperdoll

I have posted 5 times. It says so by my name and on my profile. But check for my posts and there are 3 listed. One whole thread is gone that I posted to, and with it 2 of the 5 posts.

I went to the Give Us Suggestions thread that citydweller and Artie See asked for feedback. And you can't post on it.

The thread that disappeared a poster called Table Salt was asking Artie See these questions. And now it is gone. Gulag anyone?

The thread was terminated, which is why it won't show up on your posts under your profile. If anyone has questions that went unanswered in that thread or that have additional questions feel free to ask them here.

Why was the thread "terminated"? People were still posting on it. And other than asking questions about why threads are removed that have poster's posts, nothing ugly or nasty was posted.

Guest paperdoll

The thread was terminated, which is why it won't show up on your posts under your profile. If anyone has questions that went unanswered in that thread or that have additional questions feel free to ask them here.

Why was the thread "terminated"? People were still posting on it. And other than asking questions about why threads are removed that have poster's posts, nothing ugly or nasty was posted.

It went off topic completely. There were a total of 18 posts, only three (including yourself) posted to the topic. That being said, it's probably the last topic that will ever be removed. Instead, individual posters will be requested to refocus to the topic of the thread. The ugliness and the nastiness we can handle, if you have specific concerns feel free to start a new thread, just as you did. Without concerns we will not be able to improve.

As far as the direction of that thread, which was auto-deletion, I will comment. No thread containing any comments is deleted, even if it is just one post. For the time being there is no auto-deletion. "Dead Threads" are eliminated after a time frame manually through a process called pruning. No threads with a post or posts is deleted, which is why there was "bump" in the beginning, to prevent it from being pruned. It was also asked if a member started a thread if it would be deleted if it had no posts. Yes it would, if it had no replies. In the amount of time that a post awaits comments and pruning it gets shuffled to the bottom of the forum as new RSS feeds come in. Depending on the forum and the amount of RSS feeds that could take one day or five for a member started thread to reach a "dead" status. To look through each individual thread to determine who started it would be terribly time consuming. No blog does that that I know of. However, if you want your thread to remain for a long period of time then post your topic, then add a reply. We do not delete threads with any posts.

So if a thread goes off topic it is removed? Really? Overkill, don't you think? Kind of like the death penalty for asking a question?

And it wasn't removed because we dared to ask questions that an administrator (not you) found uncomfortable?

artiesee

It was my fault, no one else's. I overreacted. I had started the thread, and when it went off-topic (which was my own fault) I deleted it.

I totally and completely accept the blame. Please accept my apologies.

copperpot

It was my fault, no one else's. I overreacted. I had started the thread, and when it went off-topic (which was my own fault) I deleted it.

I totally and completely accept the blame. Please accept my apologies.

Okay then. Now suck it up rookie. smile.gif

I know I just stepped onto this site yesterday,

but seriously, when would you have seen any mod from LNP

come on and admit a mistake?

irisheyes

Welcome copperpot!!

We're all humans, and on LancTalk we're a bunch of newbies learning the ropes. Please have fun adding to discussions on this forum.

Guest paperdoll

Since the topic and thread has been removed, it's safe for all of you to circle the wagons. "Gross deviation" "spiralling out of control" does not describe that thread. But you are in charge.

Nice for you. Stinks for us.

I am not a hardass. I accept Artie's apology. But this is exactly what I thought was going to happen on LancTalk. Censorship.

And since everybody else has gotten a hearty "Welcome", except the new posters who asked legitimate questions, you can go ahead and delete this thread too, because I am not likely to continue with your Insiders Club.

sandybobk

Since the topic and thread has been removed, it's safe for all of you to circle the wagons. "Gross deviation" "spiralling out of control" does not describe that thread. But you are in charge.

I am not a hardass. I accept Artie's apology. But this is exactly what I thought was going to happen on LancTalk. Censorship.

And since everybody else has gotten a hearty "Welcome", except the new posters who asked legitimate questions, you can go ahead and delete this thread too, because I am not likely to continue with your Insiders Club.

As Kate said, we are all newbies trying to learn the ropes and Artie is really sorry for deleting the thread.

I wish you would give this board a chance and let us learn our jobs. All new posters are welcome here even if they haven't gotten a hearty "Welcome".

Edited by sandyinholtwood
typo

artiesee

As I said, I am totally and completely responsible for making this mistake. Please don't blame the other mods for my screw-up.

Citydweller

You obviously didn't read the last couple of posts before the thread went away. But in any case, you've recieved more attention, explanations and apologies than you would on just about any other board on earth. If you're still pissed off after this and feel that we're too f-ing clubby for your taste then great, the world is your oyster. Feel free to bitch elsewhere.

copperpot

You obviously didn't read the last couple of posts before the thread went away. But in any case, you've recieved more attention, explanations and apologies than you would on just about any other board on earth. If you're still pissed off after this and feel that we're too f-ing clubby for your taste then great, the world is your oyster. Feel free to bitch elsewhere.

Wow again CityD, we really aren't in Kansas anymore. Wouldn't have seen that "in your face" attitude on the old TB either.

AND, that's great! It's your site, you set your rules. If someone doesn't like, they can always move on.

Guest paperdoll

So on Lanctalk, which was supposed to be a gentler, kinder version of TalkBack, it's the Administrators who get to attack the posters with abuse.

Good to know.

gp80mac

Gotta love drama!

Table Salt

This board was supposed to be different than the old TB and I don't see that either.

I get blamed for steering the thread off course, blamed for being a troll when all I was trying to do was get a better understanding of things the moderators here said.

Now we are told to just shut the F up, again by staff.

Kinder?

Gentler?

not even close.

Warm welcome - didn't get it.

Somewhere in the rules is don't attack the poster and again the staff here broke their own rule.

Try to circle the wagons all you want. Try to sweep it under the rug all you want. People are seeing this for what it really is.

Table Salt

And now I have a Warn Status?

You gotta be kidding me!

Get a Grip!

artiesee

You gotta be kidding me!

Get a Grip!

Got a grip. I fixed it for you. I overreacted to some of your posts last evening.

Citydweller

This board was supposed to be different than the old TB and I don't see that either.

Reaaaalllly...... I must have been on a different TalkBack than you were.

See, the one I was on had mods & admins that took actions without warning or expanation, didn't answer PM's, banned people according to their mood that day, never participated in any non-tech-support forum or discussion, and NEVER apologized for anything. They also let members eat each other alive if they felt like they were too busy to bother moderating.

I'd say we're different than that on all counts. And, as always, if you really hate it here that much we will cheerfully refund your membership fee. ;)

Table Salt

You gotta be kidding me!

Get a Grip!

Got a grip. I fixed it for you. I overreacted to some of your posts last evening.

Yeah, not until I mentioned it.

Thanks for "staying on top of things" she says eyes rolling.

No matter, I am done here, true actions of this board and its staff have been shown.

I would offer good luck but you'll need more than that to make this work.

gp80mac

Anyone have a violin?

Citydweller

I do, but unfortunately it can only be heard by club members. :ph34r:

Lorie

I personally thought Artie's apology was sincere. I def would of accepted that apology. In fact, I would of pm'ed Artie, and said my peace, and he would of answered me back, and we would of worked it out. Wow, I just dont get it. Were all learning here, and if u noticed I am not on here as much either for a number of reasons. It has to do with me being computer illiterate, and I just have to figure it out on my own. (How embarrassing,lol). I could go to a number of people and ask. Maffi, city, Sandy, Artie, Kate, etc. Once I become frustrated I will do that. hahaha. Really, I am so proud of all the hard work u all put into this, and thank u once again.

PS....Sorry the bad part of me is gonna show her head. I felt that person wanted their ass kissed for days. Sorry, but I call it as I see it. Never was one to hold back to long. My bad.

gp80mac

I think some people come here with an axe to grind, and they will be damned if that axe doesn't get ground...

I'm part of several forums, nothing unusual about anything that has happened yet. Now if you'll excuse me, I guess there's a train of cars that needs delivered to customers.

inthestix

Well! That was an interesting thread.....makes me not miss my daughter tonight with all the drama. Just figured I'd add my own two cents, since this IS a forum and if it were to be accidentally deleted....oh well, we are all human and as such, we occasionally (me, on an hourly basis some days) screw up. Paper wanted to get a rise out of someone and I guess not too many were biting. Nice to see.

Have a good one y'all!

FDR

Well! That was an interesting thread.....makes me not miss my daughter tonight with all the drama. Just figured I'd add my own two cents, since this IS a forum and if it were to be accidentally deleted....oh well, we are all human and as such, we occasionally (me, on an hourly basis some days) screw up. Paper wanted to get a rise out of someone and I guess not too many were biting. Nice to see.

Have a good one y'all!

Thank you for your kind words. Everyone is entitled to their "two cents" whether we like it or not, and we respect everyone's opinion. Unfortunately, we can't make everyone happy, but we'll sure try. Welcome aboard, love your screen name.

Sigh......

I go to the the cabin for a weekend with the family and miss all this fun. LMAO I'm thinking we should start a thread where everyone can guess what members names were on TB. I bet no one can guess who I was on TB!

inthestix

I haven't learned the quote thing yet (slow starter, lol)....but FDR, weren't you the same person then that you are now??? Sorry, taxing my memory to think about that - was soooo long ago.

And yeah, you cant just go away and miss all the fun stuff!

FDR

I haven't learned the quote thing yet (slow starter, lol)....but FDR, weren't you the same person then that you are now??? Sorry, taxing my memory to think about that - was soooo long ago.

The very same person!

I have online capabilities when I'm at the cabin just when the family is along we get so busy enjoying the mountain I hate to sit inside and log on.

Edited by FDR

irisheyes

FDR had multiple personalities on LOL TB. The male version of "Sybil" online. :lol:

FDR

FDR had multiple personalities on LOL TB. The male version of "Sybil" online. :lol:

I don't recall that.

LOL

Goldi

Sheesh...did someone say a "kinder, gentler " forum ??

Citydweller

Oh, Goldi, iron your knickers out and try to have a good time here, would ya? I know you have your opinions, and they are welcome here, but I'd hardly figure you for siding with ordinary trouble-makers. :rolleyes: