Guest paperdoll

This Board Has A Problem

Table Salt

I thought I was done with this forum but recent actions by Citydweller has made me come back and point out the irony and show how the actions of Citydweller is harming his credibility and why others are keeping away from this site.

And I am well aware that this forum will probably take down this post to protect their own because it casts them in a bad light and you will protect your own but someone has to point out the facts.

The rules of this forum state that we cannot talk about other forums or links to other forums and Citydewller has tried to go on the TalkPa forum and post this site, private others about this site, try to get members from TalkPa to join this site, even after he was requested not too. And then he gets mad because they won’t allow him.

I’ve been reading both sites I have to say that it seems Citydweller thinks that the rules of this forum and over at the other site do not apply to him. He has continuously pushed the envelope and then cries like a baby when he is caught and edited.

You can read where he has acted childish. You can read where staff over there have tried to help them and in reading between the lines, it reads that there are private messages between Citydewller and staff have gone ignored by him.

When TalkBack was closed on all of us, TalkPa was very generous in allowing us to join. They allowed us a place to vent and they even allowed us a place to talk about creating this new forum and link to it. Understandably, I can see why they stopped talk about Lanctalk.

Truthfully, I think that if they continued to allow talk of Lanctalk those that are in charge over here will really see how others are concerned about joining this place. The actions on one member here, a big member, are causing others to balk at even looking in this direction. If one of your top members has such disregard for the rules of another forum how can others feel like they can come here and get a fair shake? Why should the rules at the other forum not apply to CityDweller?

Why can’t Lanctalk grow on its own merits? Why can’t Lanctalk focus on here and not TalkPa?

These are just my observations and opinions. Like I said before, this will probably be pulled and deleted. It has happened to my posts before, specifically by Citydewller.

irisheyes

Table Salt - your comments will not be deleted and will be, are being discussed.

I was the one trying to encourage new members of Talkpa into also participating on LancTalk. I enjoy participating on both sites and truly appreciate the efforts of the staff at Talkpa into accepting former LOL TB members.

At LancTalk we do not have a problem with occasional reference to talkpa.net despite what the forum rules state. We are still discussing how to incorporate other sites that are similar to ours.

LancTalk is "growing on it's own merits". In one month's time we're up to about 125 new posters. We're a new site still dealing with birthing pains. I personally would appreciate having some members from talkpa.net to participate and perhaps help us.

Thank you for your insight and input.

artiesee
I thought I was done with this forum but recent actions by Citydweller has made me come back and point out the irony and show how the actions of Citydweller is harming his credibility and why others are keeping away from this site.

And I am well aware that this forum will probably take down this post to protect their own because it casts them in a bad light and you will protect your own but someone has to point out the facts.

The rules of this forum state that we cannot talk about other forums or links to other forums and Citydewller has tried to go on the TalkPa forum and post this site, private others about this site, try to get members from TalkPa to join this site, even after he was requested not too. And then he gets mad because they won’t allow him.

I’ve been reading both sites I have to say that it seems Citydweller thinks that the rules of this forum and over at the other site do not apply to him. He has continuously pushed the envelope and then cries like a baby when he is caught and edited.

You can read where he has acted childish. You can read where staff over there have tried to help them and in reading between the lines, it reads that there are private messages between Citydewller and staff have gone ignored by him.

When TalkBack was closed on all of us, TalkPa was very generous in allowing us to join. They allowed us a place to vent and they even allowed us a place to talk about creating this new forum and link to it. Understandably, I can see why they stopped talk about Lanctalk.

Truthfully, I think that if they continued to allow talk of Lanctalk those that are in charge over here will really see how others are concerned about joining this place. The actions on one member here, a big member, are causing others to balk at even looking in this direction. If one of your top members has such disregard for the rules of another forum how can others feel like they can come here and get a fair shake? Why should the rules at the other forum not apply to CityDweller?

Why can’t Lanctalk grow on its own merits? Why can’t Lanctalk focus on here and not TalkPa?

These are just my observations and opinions. Like I said before, this will probably be pulled and deleted. It has happened to my posts before, specifically by Citydewller.

Well, I just quoted your entire post, so if gets deleted then mine will have to be also.

I'm sorry that you have such a misconception about the policies of our site. Blatant advertising is prohibited, but a friendly mention of another site is always welcome.

I can make a post here that includes a direct link to TalkPA.net, and no one will delete it.

There are many tens of thousands of people in Lancaster County, PA who browse the Internet. And the Internet is a VERY big place, with plenty of room for all of us. There is no good reason that we can't simply all get along together.

So I hope that the users of LancTalk.com will feel welcome spending time at TalkPA.net. And I promise that I will do everything that I can to make sure that the users of TalkPA.net will feel welcome when they visit here.

Thank you very much for posting on our forum.

Citydweller

I thought I was done with this forum but recent actions by Citydweller has made me come back...

Made you? Wow, I don't know my own strength. :lol:

No PM's between myself and TalkPa staff have been ignored, at least as of last night. But then again, how exactly are private messages your business? Are you a TalkPa staff member?

In any case, an issue arose on TalkPa where a former TalkBack member felt she had been excluded from joining our site, and groused about it in an open thread where others joined in trashing our board. Since the TalkPa staff allowed this to continue without interrupting, I contacted the member in question to see where her registration went wrong.

Well, it turned out that the member in question had never actually been to this site. She had tried to register at another local board, thinking it was LancTalk. She apologized for the bad remarks and the confusion, and has since joined our little family, even though she and I don't always get along.

See, we're inclusive and all. ;)

Since TalkPa members were trashing us over a complete mistake, it seemed to me that posting what happened in the thread was appropriate. TalkPa staff somehow thought otherwise. I can't say I understand why they would want a misunderstanding about their neighbors to go uncorrected, but that's their call.

Not sure how you feel you have ownership over an issue that has nothing to do with you, but there you have it.

Any further questions that have no bearing on anything?

gp80mac

Internets big.

Room for forums many.

Pissing contests pointless.

TalkPA net has a nice site, but this is home-grown (like LOL was). TalkPA created a subforum, but it still isn't local. That was my attraction to LOL, and my attraction to this site.

PS. I still think it's funny how some people bitch and moan about this site, but they still keep posting anyways. I always thought actions always speak louder than words, but what do I know?

Table Salt

Me a staff member of TalkPa? No you silly rabbit. Tricks are for Kids.

No. I draw my conclusion based on what was posted in their things that are not working thread

"since you didn't want to keep this in PM's between us well put it out there."

And then there was this one;

"again, I am trying to work with you here. Trying to keep this in PM's. You seem resistant to this for some reason"

This is where my conclusion came from. It looks like they were trying to help you, work with you behind the scenes and you flat out refused.

Why? To be a pain? To granstand? To raise your post count?

Again, I go back to my conclusion that you think that the rules don't apply to you.

Try being nicer and see how that works for you.

artiesee
Again, I go back to my conclusion that you think that the rules don't apply to you.

The same rules apply to myself and Maffimuk, the other two administrators. Exactly what can we do to deal with your concerns?

K8fearsnoart

No. I draw my conclusion based on what was posted in their things that are not working thread

"again, I am trying to work with you here. Trying to keep this in PM's. You seem resistant to this for some reason"

This is where my conclusion came from. It looks like they were trying to help you, work with you behind the scenes and you flat out refused.

city has worked with the people in charge of talkpa, including when he started a thread there regarding this forum, which THEY ALLOWED.

he has also answered your questions politely.

to be honest, this seems more personal than actual concern for either forum.

city didn't refuse their help, he asked for it.

i would suggest telling us exactly what kind of satisfaction it is that you're looking for, because it certainly isn't clear to me.

FDR

Bold assumption you have there in coming to your conclusion don't you think? ;)

willtparker124

My observations have led me to believe that the moderators and administrators of LancTalk are nothing but a bunch of beer-swilling, renegade sex-addicts who probably run around the county in their underwear flailing their arms violently and screaming random swears at old ladies! For your own safety, they are to be avoided at all costs! Do not trifle with the likes of Artie, for although he seems like a level-headed and intelligent guy, he actually is plotting your doom as I write this! It's TRUE--I HAVE EVIDENCE!! And that FDR fella'--he's a total dick and will eat all the food in your fridge when you're not at home, use the toilet (#2) without flushing and shatter all your fine dinnerware. Don't get me started on Kate...

I'm watching you.

Will

artiesee
Do not trifle with the likes of Artie, for although he seems like a level-headed and intelligent guy, he actually is plotting your doom as I write this!

Sorry, I never could get into Doom. I've never really enjoyed playing that kind of video game.

FDR

My observations have led me to believe that the moderators and administrators of LancTalk are nothing but a bunch of beer-swilling, renegade sex-addicts who probably run around the county in their underwear flailing their arms violently and screaming random swears at old ladies! For your own safety, they are to be avoided at all costs! Do not trifle with the likes of Artie, for although he seems like a level-headed and intelligent guy, he actually is plotting your doom as I write this! It's TRUE--I HAVE EVIDENCE!! And that FDR fella'--he's a total dick and will eat all the food in your fridge when you're not at home, use the toilet (#2) without flushing and shatter all your fine dinnerware. Don't get me started on Kate...

I'm watching you.

Will

Speaking of drinking...did you have a few last night? LOL

irisheyes

I'm watching you.

Will

Citydweller

I'm watching you.

Will

Well that's it, we've been outed. We had a good run guys, but there's obviously no outwitting this kind of razor sharp intellect. It's over.

I'm gonna get drunk and read up on alien-controlled shadow government conspiricies. Who's with me?

Messyg17

I'm watching you.

Will

Hey you are spot on!! I am just so glad you kept our hmmm hmmm hmmm to yourself!! :skype_emoticons_set_2_5590_2599

FDR

I'm watching you.

Will

Hey you are spot on!! I am just so glad you kept our hmmm hmmm hmmm to yourself!! :skype_emoticons_set_2_5590_2599

I'm glad he didn't mention the psychotic bus driver. We wouldn't want anyone to find out about her!

irisheyes

He did not mention the man who wields a mean mop either. 10_4_1[1].gif

willtparker124

I'm watching you.

Will

No no, although I was a little delirious from being at work all night.

I read through this whole thread last night and thought it could use a lighter touch. And the fact that a couple would-be LT'ers were so angry at the admins and mods--like you guys are from the novel 1984 or something trying to silence their dissonance kind of made me chuckle.

FDR

I'm watching you.

Will

No no, although I was a little delirious from being at work all night.

I read through this whole thread last night and thought it could use a lighter touch. And the fact that a couple would-be LT'ers were so angry at the admins and mods--like you guys are from the novel 1984 or something trying to silence their dissonance kind of made me chuckle.

LOL No worries professor! I knew what you were doing.

K8fearsnoart

mad, i thought it was deliciously tongue-in-cheek!

Guest Lizzy2424

I could use a little tongue in cheek myself. It is father's day perhaps I should go do my yearly duty! Am I off topic?

Citydweller

Just as long as your father isn't involved.

Guest Lizzy2424

Just as long as your father isn't involved.

Eww!! I should have been more clear, I'm guessing. I'm going to need a coat hanger to fish that one out of the brain.

irisheyes

:pat:

K8fearsnoart

i'm going to delete that post because obviously, hammer is a rabble rouser. :bootyshake:

Messyg17

I think I was born deleted.

TylerO

I've been a passive observer for a long time and it looks like this forum has become dead and neglected. Thankfully I am able to keep in touch with my fellow Lancaster at TalkPa.net and LOL.

Too bad. I had high hopes for Lanctalk. What a slow and shamful death.

Citydweller

I've been a passive observer for a long time and it looks like this forum has become dead and neglected. Thankfully I am able to keep in touch with my fellow Lancaster at TalkPa.net and LOL.

Too bad. I had high hopes for Lanctalk. What a slow and shamful death.

:unsure:

:mellow:

:blink:

:huh:

:jptdknpa:

Thanks for the laugh.