Guest paperdoll

This Board Has A Problem

K8fearsnoart

Shamful?

Is that like Shamwow?

trans_sign.gif

post-6-0-89622200-1309402998_thumb.jpg

What's shameful is someone getting on their high horse to complain without ever attending an English class....

oceessfk.gif

gp80mac

I've been a passive observer for a long time and it looks like this forum has become dead and neglected. Thankfully I am able to keep in touch with my fellow Lancaster at TalkPa.net and LOL.

Too bad. I had high hopes for Lanctalk. What a slow and shamful death.

We all know the internets can't handle more than one site.

And you couldn't pay me to post to that shitty site that is LOL.

Well, if you paid me enough, I could post there. But that site turned into everything they said it wasn't going to be with their fancy registration.

Edited by gp80mac

Citydweller

I couldn't find "shamful" in teh google. Must be really bad if they can't even publish it.

Messyg17

I couldn't find "shamful" in teh google. Must be really bad if they can't even publish it.

Say wit a Scottish accent perhaps you'll find it den.

skeptic2mod

Have to say that I'm always amazed, month after month, that there are so many lurkers. I'm astonished that one would blast us...

Citydweller

I'm astonished that one would blast us...

I very much doubt that this is some "random lurker". Our regular daily visitors know full well how active this site is. This is more likely some former TalkBack asshole who has built their nest over at TalkPa and just can't stand the fact that we're alive and healthy here. They probably think that their post will hit certain keywords with Google and return searches with something like "LancTalk is dead".

Like I said, thanks for the laugh.

K8fearsnoart

I very much doubt that this is some "random lurker". Our regular daily visitors know full well how active this site is. This is more likely some former TalkBack asshole who has built their nest over at TalkPa and just can't stand the fact that we're alive and healthy here. They probably think that their post will hit certain keywords with Google and return searches with something like "LancTalk is dead".

Like I said, thanks for the laugh.

Maybe someone bigger than me could lend me, (or anyone with approved credit, lol) a hand in figuring out why anyone would bother being like that, lol...

gp80mac

This drinking board has a discussion problem?

prettylight

This drinking board has a discussion problem?

:lol: !

--

About TalkPA, don't believe it's anyone at TalkPA--it doesn't sound at all like any of the posters there.

A number of posters there seem to be members of both forums (this one and TalkPA both), but it doesn't even sound anyone who's only on that forum. At least not anybody who's posted more than a time or two there.

Farmer Vincent

Is anybody else getting the message that you now have to pay to view articles originating from the paper, such as Gil Smart's columns?

HarlDelos

Is anybody else getting the message that you now have to pay to view articles originating from the paper, such as Gil Smart's columns?

The paywall allows you to see X number of articles per month - I think X is 20, but I'm not sure at all - and after that, you have to be a subscriber.

They supposedly allow links from blogs, web searches, etc., to get through. Apparently, they've listed LancTalk as a non-blog.

If there is a key phrase in the article, such as it involving Sam Smucker, I google for Sam Smucker to see if the article shows up. Normally it does, and if I click on the Google results, I usually - but not always - can get in.

Someone has mentioned that when the page arrives, if you hit the ESC key right away, perhaps several times, you defeat the paywall.

I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect that you could set up a page on your blog where you enter a link to the URL you want, save the page, click the link, and see the page, then go back and delete the link when you are done.

Or, heavens forbid, you could always do what they want, and subscribe. I'm reluctant to do this for a couple of reasons, one being that I'm cheap, and the second being that they sell the print newspaper below cost, and I believe they need to learn how to make their website advertising-supported as well, in order to ensure their long-term survival. I'm not sure that's even possible. I suspect that in five years, all there will be will be weeklies - the Sunday News, the Intel on Tuesdays, the Lititz and Ephrata newspapers, the Farming newspaper, etc. Or maybe not even that.

Becky

I've been a passive observer for a long time and it looks like this forum has become dead and neglected. Thankfully I am able to keep in touch with my fellow Lancaster at TalkPa.net and LOL.

Too bad. I had high hopes for Lanctalk. What a slow and shamful death.

:jptdknpa: :jptdknpa: :jptdknpa: :jptdknpa: :jptdknpa: :jptdknpa: :jptdknpa: :jptdknpa: :jptdknpa:

....Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Becky

Not sure where to put this question, but is it still the anniversary of the Turkish invasion of Cyprus?

Edited by Becky

HarlDelos

Not sure where to put this question, but is it still the anniversary of the Turkish invasion of Cyprus?

No, but as advertised, the anniversary is still upcoming. The 37th anniversary arrives on Wednesday.

Is there a reason why the legal forum has a different theme than the rest of the board?

skeptic2mod

Hmm, I wonder who put that up??

I would point out that it's listed as an upcoming event and that I pretty much stay pissed about that all year long..

July 20, 1974 was the day of the invasion. For you history buffs, we would have stopped the Turkish naval group except friggin' Nixon was about to resign..

Having said all of that, Miss ****not permitted****, if there is an event before that which should be announced, let me know.

Becky

Hmm, I wonder who put that up??

I would point out that it's listed as an upcoming event and that I pretty much stay pissed about that all year long..

July 20, 1974 was the day of the invasion. For you history buffs, we would have stopped the Turkish naval group except friggin' Nixon was about to resign..

Having said all of that, Miss ****not permitted****, if there is an event before that which should be announced, let me know.

LOL! To each their own, I guess! I assume this means it will come down on July 21 and go back up on July 22?

Citydweller

Is there a reason why the legal forum has a different theme than the rest of the board?

This question, as well as ****not permitted****'s, rightly belong in their own threads, but since you asked I believe that is Maffimuk's doing. I'll need to ask him where our logo went...