Sign in to follow this  
prettylight

Ty Cobb: Mueller Is an American Hero

prettylight

This isn't Trump-bashing at all (I thought it would be)--he's respectful and pleasant about Trump.

Apparently he's known Mueller for decades, and thinks the world of him.

He mentions that Mueller was a Vietnam War hero. Haven't heard much about that.

Former Trump White House lawyer calls Mueller 'American hero,' says probe is no witch hunt

Ty Cobb, the veteran Washington attorney who represented the White House as special counsel Robert Mueller ramped up his investigation into Russian meddling, said he considers the man leading the probe “an American hero” and does not share President Donald Trump’s view that the Russia inquiry is a politically motivated hoax.

“I don't feel the same way about Mueller,” Cobb said in an extensive interview for the latest episode of ABC News' podcast The Investigation. “I don't feel the investigation is a witch hunt.”

“I think Bob Mueller's an American hero … even though he came from an, arguably, privileged background, he has a backbone of steel. He walked into a firefight in Vietnam to pull out one of his injured colleagues and was appropriately honored for that. I've known him for 30 years as a prosecutor and a friend. And I think the world of Bob Mueller. He is a very deliberate guy. But he's also a class act. And a very justice-oriented person.”

Interview at link below:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-white-house-lawyer-calls-mueller-american-hero/story?id=61455661

more,

The Untold Story of Robert Mueller's Time in Combat

https://www.wired.com/story/robert-mueller-vietnam/

Mueller, for his part, not only volunteered for the Marines, he spent a year waiting for an injured knee to heal so he could serve. And he has said ­little about his time in Vietnam over the years. When he was leading the FBI through the catastrophe of 9/11 and its aftermath, he would brush off the crushing stress, saying, “I’m getting a lot more sleep now than I ever did in Vietnam.” One of the only other times his staff at the FBI ever heard him mention his Marine service was on a flight home from an official international trip. They were watching We Were Soldiers, a 2002 film starring Mel Gibson about some of the early battles in Vietnam. Mueller glanced at the screen and observed, “Pretty accurate.”

Sign in to follow this