prettylight

Nine states run by anti-choice Republicans have banned abortion at 20 weeks or earlier. But now the U.S. Senate is considering a nationwide 20-week abortion ban, which would include Pennsylvania.

prettylight

Nine states run by anti-choice Republicans have banned abortion at 20 weeks or earlier. But now the U.S. Senate is considering a nationwide 20-week abortion ban, which would include Pennsylvania.

The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday held a hearing on an anti-choice 20-week abortion ban featuring a witness known for pushing falsehoods about abortion and reproductive health care.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), a strident abortion rights opponent, presided over the misleadingly titled “Abortion Until Birth: The Need to Pass the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.” Graham in January introduced the “Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act” in the Senate to ban abortion 20 weeks after fertilization.

https://rewire.news/article/2019/04/09/designed-to-manufacture-outrage-senate-judiciary-holds-hearing-on-20-week-abortion-ban/

Artvandolay

Count me in.

prettylight
5 minutes ago, Artvandolay said:

Count me in.

Not that I have any right to be "sincerity police," but I know you are sincerely pro-life, Art.

All respect for that.

prettylight

prettylight

prettylight

prettylight

prettylight

image.png.d4e2eeaf31f996c8a46f878155fa714b.png

prettylight
19 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

As strict as laws are in the theocracy of Iran, abortion is legal and performed at clinics and hospitals.  

That's interesting to learn.

prettylight

Stricter abortion bans are conservative-led states' gambit to overturn Roe vs. Wade

Los Angeles Times on May 11, 2019

ATLANTA -- When Republican lawmakers in Alabama weighed a stringent new bill that would outlaw almost all abortions, they did not pretend that it complied with federal law or that it would go into effect anytime soon.

"Yes, it's unconstitutional," state House Rep. Terri Collins, the bill's sponsor, said last week at a hearing. "All our pro-life bills are unconstitutional right now. That's the goal."

For years, conservatives in Southern and Midwestern states have been passing laws that restrict women's access to abortion: mandating women wait as long as 72 hours for the procedure after receiving counseling, banning widely used surgical abortion methods, limiting state Medicaid programs from covering most abortions.

Now they are pursuing a more extreme legal strategy. Emboldened by the rightward tilt of the U.S. Supreme Court, states are passing more severe restrictions and near-total bans in a deliberate attempt to trigger a lawsuit that could push the Supreme Court to overturn its landmark 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision, which recognized a woman's constitutional right to abortion.

Last week, Georgia followed Kentucky, Mississippi and Ohio to become the fourth state this year to outlaw abortion once a fetal "heartbeat" is detected, typically at around six weeks -- before most women know they are pregnant.

Georgia's new law gives an unborn child -- an embryo smaller than a coffee bean that has not developed a brain or organs that allow it to survive outside the womb -- the status of "a class of living, distinct persons" that deserves "full legal recognition."

more at

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-abortion-bans-states-roe-wade-supreme-court-20190511-story.html

prettylight

prettylight

prettylight

prettylight

image.png.7d0d38160ab6c98479125a3fdadeacd2.png

GeezUS

The only thing missing from the toon below is abortion...

30jsfon.jpg

prettylight

prettylight

grieker
On 5/10/2019 at 9:10 PM, prettylight said:

Carliss"you ignorant slut."

Child support begins before the six-week point and of course you can insure the six-week old and collect in the event of miscarriage.

Farmer Vincent
6 hours ago, grieker said:

Carliss"you ignorant slut."

Child support begins before the six-week point and of course you can insure the six-week old and collect in the event of miscarriage.

Child support can't start until there's an actual born child.  

grieker
1 hour ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Child support can't start until there's an actual born child.  

Bull crap Vince.  Someone is feeding the mother who is providing support for the child who is to be born.

Child support is what the mother provides 24 hours each and every day at least until the child is born.

Farmer Vincent
1 hour ago, grieker said:

Bull crap Vince.  Someone is feeding the mother who is providing support for the child who is to be born.

Child support is what the mother provides 24 hours each and every day at least until the child is born.

My bad.  I thought you were talking about the father paying child support.  

But anyway, Planned Parenthood provides lots of child support in the form of advice, medical support, vitamins, etc., but conservatives have declared war on them.  

grieker
1 minute ago, Farmer Vincent said:

My bad.  I thought you were talking about the father paying child support.  

But anyway, Planned Parenthood provides lots of child support in the form of advice, medical support, vitamins, etc., but conservatives have declared war on them.  

No need for for "my bad" Vince.  The term child support is almost always looked at that way.

The advice from PP is good up until they suggest and PERFORM abortions.  The conservatives have "declared war" on the killing of infants, a living entity with a heartbeat.

Farmer Vincent
Just now, grieker said:

No need for for "my bad" Vince.  The term child support is almost always looked at that way.

The advice from PP is good up until they suggest and PERFORM abortions.  The conservatives have "declared war" on the killing of infants, a living entity with a heartbeat.

For the many women who can't afford regular doctor visits, PP has literally been instrumental in the mother's and child's health outcome.  But since they're only associated with abortion advice they've been targeted by anti-choicers.  

grieker
Just now, Farmer Vincent said:

For the many women who can't afford regular doctor visits, PP has literally been instrumental in the mother's and child's health outcome.  But since they're only associated with abortion advice they've been targeted by anti-choicers.  

I do not disagree with your first sentence.  Second sentence is partially true.  They are not only associated with abortion advise.  Been there done that, they have other conversations about overall health.  There are non pregnant women who visit there as well.