LTnewsDawg

CNN- This student died trying to stop the Colorado school shooter

LTnewsDawg

• School shooter makes first court appearance • Again in the age of 'run, hide, fight,' student heroes thwart a school shooter • There have been 15 school shootings in the US so far this year

cnn_topstories?d=yIl2AUoC8zA cnn_topstories?d=7Q72WNTAKBA cnn_topstories?i=ypLt9uIcYuM:Ss5K7j9UkK0 cnn_topstories?d=qj6IDK7rITs cnn_topstories?i=ypLt9uIcYuM:Ss5K7j9UkK0
ypLt9uIcYuM

View the full article

grieker

Something horrible is happening with the culture of our kids.  Likely caused by one or more of the failed progressive social experiments.  There is zero regard for human life among many of today's youths.  Zero regard for the values of property.

For centuries our youth has attended public schools and during that same time had greater access to firearms and there was hardly ever shooting events at school.  

Today, something has made a dramatic change over those centuries.  Something not good.

The morons in our government believe making new laws will stop this.  Anyone believing that, they too are morons because in all school shootings the "laws" were broken.  Making a new law means nothing.

A good hard look at where society has failed our children, specifically - values, hope, personal significance, responsibility and accountability.  Also stop relying on drugging our youths.  Many shooters are or have recently been on some kind of prescribed drug.

prettylight
23 minutes ago, grieker said:

Something horrible is happening with the culture of our kids.  Likely caused by one or more of the failed progressive social experiments.  There is zero regard for human life among many of today's youths.  Zero regard for the values of property.

For centuries our youth has attended public schools and during that same time had greater access to firearms and there was hardly ever shooting events at school.  

Today, something has made a dramatic change over those centuries.  Something not good.

The morons in our government believe making new laws will stop this.  Anyone believing that, they too are morons because in all school shootings the "laws" were broken.  Making a new law means nothing.

A good hard look at where society has failed our children, specifically - values, hope, personal significance, responsibility and accountability.  Also stop relying on drugging our youths.  Many shooters are or have recently been on some kind of prescribed drug.

Well, you know what the answer is. More guns!

:sarcasm:

grieker
22 minutes ago, prettylight said:

Well, you know what the answer is. More guns!

:sarcasm:

Sarcasm aside - you are correct PL.  Taking away or reducing the availability of firearms to non-criminals creates an environment for punk-ass, sub-human, feral, savage, cowards to act out in a very bad way.t

prettylight
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, grieker said:

Sarcasm aside - you are correct PL.  Taking away or reducing the availability of firearms to non-criminals creates an environment for punk-ass, sub-human, feral, savage, cowards to act out in a very bad way.t

I believe "guns everywhere" is a disaster for this country, to put it mildly, and would guess Russia thinks so, too. And that that is why they want it for the U.S.

Grieker, a very serious question: what's with Russia flooding the NRA with money?

They surely aren't doing it because they have this country's best interests at heart.

edited to add, they sure don't have guns everywhere in their own country.

Edited by prettylight

grieker
8 minutes ago, prettylight said:

I believe "guns everywhere" is a disaster for this country, to put it mildly, and would guess Russia thinks so, too. And that that is why they want it for the U.S.

Grieker, a very serious question: what's with Russia flooding the NRA with money?

They surely aren't doing it because they have this country's best interests at heart.

edited to add, they sure don't have guns everywhere in their own country.

"Guns everywhere a disaster..."?  How many police bars are held up?  How many "gun" stores are held up?  

There are dozens of foreign entities throwing money into America for influence PL  Dozens.

Russia does only have @12 million firearms in private ownership.  I don't get your concern about more firearms in the hands of legal non-criminals in America.  

prettylight
2 minutes ago, grieker said:

"Guns everywhere a disaster..."?  How many police bars are held up?  How many "gun" stores are held up?  

There are dozens of foreign entities throwing money into America for influence PL  Dozens.

Russia does only have @12 million firearms in private ownership.  I don't get your concern about more firearms in the hands of legal non-criminals in America.  

More guns, more shootings. If virtually anyone can buy guns that can shoot multiple people in a few minutes, then there will be more mass shootings.

More guns make the country more dangerous, not safer.

An email the other day suggested we need to get licenses to drive, why not licenses for guns? People like you, Grieker, would still be able to have guns, just like you do now. 

That, and other reasonable measures, just seem like common sense.

But it seems like the gun lobby wants people to override their common sense by bombarding them with catchy sound bites like "GUNS don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people."  (That's an old classic--you could probably haul out a bunch of newer talking points.) Well, guns everywhere sure make that more likely to happen.

Artvandolay
35 minutes ago, prettylight said:

More guns, more shootings. If virtually anyone can buy guns that can shoot multiple people in a few minutes, then there will be more mass shootings.

An email the other day suggested we need to get licenses to drive, why not licenses for guns? People like you, Grieker, would still be able to have guns, just like you do now. 

But it seems like the gun lobby wants people to override their common sense by bombarding them with catchy sound bites like "GUNS don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people."  (That's an old classic--you could probably haul out a bunch of newer talking points.) Well, guns everywhere sure make that more likely to happen.

As Grieker said, it's about the values we lost, the desensitized view of what human life is.

It starts with choosing to kill babies.

prettylight
Just now, Artvandolay said:

As Grieker said, it's about the values we lost, the desensitized view of what human life is.

It starts with choosing to kill babies.

I respect your pro-life beliefs, Artvandolay, and this is food for thought.

And I still stand by my post. Sane, common-sense gun regulations would be a good direction for this country.

And nothing would change for the worse (only for the better) for sensible, law-abiding people such as yourself. You'd still be able to have your gun, or guns.

grieker
30 minutes ago, GeezUS said:

This "kid" wasn't a criminal until he walked into the school with the 2 legally purchased handguns.

Correct.  Criminals aren't criminals until they do criminal acts.

He was a criminal the moment he decided to conspire with a friend (supposedly) and had criminal intentions before walking into school.

The act of him walking into the school was also a  criminal act.

Reducing the number of firearms is not the answer as you are well aware of.

prettylight
Just now, GeezUS said:

First... no babies have been killed.

Second... the result of Roe v Wade has been the reduction of murders beginning in the the early 90s. (Of course law enforcement has been patting themselves on the back, but they had little to do with it.)

That's interesting. You've posted that before, thanks for reminding us.

Fewer people coming into a world that doesn't want them, and reacting accordingly. (Paraphrasing, and taking out of context, Citydweller, in a long-ago post.)

GeezUS
1 minute ago, prettylight said:

He believes in NO CHOICE for women. Pro life my azz. Once this kid is born he doesn't want this kid on the government TIT for the next 18 years.

grieker
2 minutes ago, prettylight said:

And I still stand by my post. Sane, common-sense gun regulations would be a good direction for this country.

And nothing would change for the worse (only for the better) for sensible, law-abiding people such as yourself. You'd still be able to have your gun, or guns.

Common-sense DOES NOT play a role in disarming American citizens leaving them defenseless.  

prettylight
1 minute ago, grieker said:

Common-sense DOES NOT play a role in disarming American citizens leaving them defenseless.  

Nobody is proposing that. That's fear-mongering.

prettylight
3 minutes ago, GeezUS said:

He believes in NO CHOICE for women. Pro life my azz. Once this kid is born he doesn't want this kid on the government TIT for the next 18 years.

I respectfully disagree with him. But allow that it's a legitimate belief on his part.

Not just a political stance, as it is for some people/entities/politicians.

grieker
49 minutes ago, prettylight said:

I assure you there will be more mass-shootings.  NOT because of the availability of firearms, but  because of the failed social experiments the progressives have attempted over the past decades.

I have a license PL, unfortunately unlike gay marriage licenses, driver's licenses etc it is only recognized in 34 other states.

grieker
3 minutes ago, prettylight said:

Nobody is proposing that. That's fear-mongering.

What's laughable (not really) is that progressives keep spouting off about "common-sense gun control".  

They have not proposed anything laced with common-sense that I've seen.  

prettylight
24 minutes ago, grieker said:

I have a license PL, unfortunately unlike gay marriage licenses, driver's licenses etc it is only recognized in 34 other states.

Do you think that could/should be changed?

Maybe you have some ideas about common-sense gun laws, yourself? If you're speaking for yourself and not the gun lobby.

GeezUS
1 hour ago, grieker said:

NOT because of the availability of firearms, but  because of the failed social experiments the progressives have attempted over the past decades.

And what "failed social experiments the progressives have attempted over the past decades" lead to him going postal on school kids?

GeezUS
1 hour ago, grieker said:

What's laughable (not really) is that progressives keep spouting off about "common-sense gun control". 

And regressives? Oh wait I forgot... regressives keep sending thoughts and prayers.

GeezUS
1 hour ago, prettylight said:

I respectfully disagree with him. But allow that it's a legitimate belief on his part.

You allowing his belief in this shit can result in this shit going on in PA...

wjvrio.jpg

prettylight
11 minutes ago, GeezUS said:

You allowing his belief in this shit can result in this shit going on in PA...

wjvrio.jpg

Pope Francis is pro-life, too, and I believe he's an incredibly good force in the world, overall.

Yes, I personally disagree with it, being staunchly pro-choice. Believing the "already-born" matter by far the most.

GeezUS
7 minutes ago, prettylight said:

Pope Francis is pro-life, too

...And he believes in an invisible sky-daddy too who allows 25,000 children (ages 5 and under) to die every day from starvation or from drinking bad water.

prettylight
3 minutes ago, GeezUS said:

...And he believes in an invisible sky-daddy too who allows 25,000 children (ages 5 and under) to die every day from starvation or from drinking bad water.

Yes. Have been thinking over the past few days about how nothing in this world is perfect. That it's earth, not heaven. (I say the last part lightly, remembering your posts about the walls around heaven, lol.)

prettylight
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, grieker said:

I do believe it could be easily changed.  No magic wand required.  Should it be changed - absolutely, all it does currently is make some honest law-abiding citizens cross that line in the law where say someone is travelling from North Carolina to visit in Pennsylvania and they drive through Maryland - for practical purposes they are violating the law usually.

There are hundreds of common-sense firearm laws already on the books   The common-sense is missing from the enforcement of said laws.

Today, there is no reason for someone to not be a criminal.  Slapping the hands of criminals has over the decades lead to the failure we see today.

Today's youths (I STRONGLY urge everyone to watch just one night Friday or Saturday of Live PD) have become socially incompetent, lawless and fearless of punishment.  Years and years of coddling them with kid gloves is mostly to blame for their disregard for just about everything. 

OK.

Would just respectfully say, about that last part, that people have been saying disparaging things about the younger generation probably since the world began.

And probably it has never been worse than what people thought of our generation, Grieker (if you are also a Baby Boomer?)--we must have seemed like the worst reprobates ever, lol?

The Younger Generation Has Been Ruining The World Since Forever

http://ambitious.com/the-younger-generation-has-been-ruining-the-world-since-forever/

Edited by prettylight

grieker
1 hour ago, prettylight said:

OK.

Would just respectfully say, about that last part, that people have been saying disparaging things about the younger generation probably since the world began.

And probably it has never been worse than what people thought of our generation, Grieker (if you are also a Baby Boomer?)--we must have seemed like the worst reprobates ever, lol?

The Younger Generation Has Been Ruining The World Since Forever

http://ambitious.com/the-younger-generation-has-been-ruining-the-world-since-forever/

Every "elder" generation speaks "ill" of the young generations.  

HOWEVER; people of today's younger generation are more likely to kill than any previous generations - period.  The youth are an epidemic looking for a place to happen.