LTnewsDawg

CNN- Arizona governor ordered Nike's incentives withdrawn after sneaker controversy

LTnewsDawg

Arizona Governor Doug Ducey has ordered a financial incentive package for Nike to be withdrawn because the company canceled a sneaker featuring the "Betsy Ross" American flag.

cnn_topstories?d=yIl2AUoC8zA cnn_topstories?d=7Q72WNTAKBA cnn_topstories?i=09sCy2UxftI:szopHNOmFjc cnn_topstories?d=qj6IDK7rITs cnn_topstories?i=09sCy2UxftI:szopHNOmFjc
09sCy2UxftI

View the full article

Dan Daniels

Betsy Ross controversy notwithstanding, I think all financial incentive packages/tax forgiveness to companies/corporations should end. They should be able to stand on their own without sucking on the government tit. 

grieker

Lest we NOT forget why Kaepernick started this whole kneel bullshit!

He was protesting POLICE BRUTALITY!  

It never was about POLICE BRUTALITY - he hates America and the American symbol.

prettylight
1 hour ago, grieker said:

Lest we NOT forget why Kaepernick started this whole kneel bullshit!

He was protesting POLICE BRUTALITY!  

It never was about POLICE BRUTALITY - he hates America and the American symbol.

Maybe anybody can be unfairly accused of hating America, like we're mind-readers and get to speak for others in that way.

Found this online a day or two ago:

Why Do Republicans Hate America?

grieker
1 minute ago, prettylight said:

Maybe anybody can be unfairly accused of hating America, like we're mind-readers and get to speak for others in that way.

Found this online a day or two ago:

Why Do Republicans Hate America?

What does Kaepernick profess to be protesting today?

Artvandolay

It's mind boggling that Nike would acquiesce to slave master Kaepernick.

Artvandolay

Good Lord, Even Joe Scarborough is seeing the supidity.

He sees the writing on the wall.

Joe Scarborough unleashed a tweetstorm on Tuesday blasting “woke Democrats” for squandering their party’s chances of defeating President Donald Trump in the 2020 election.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-erupts-on-woke-democrats-in-epic-tweetstorm-stop-setting-yourself-on-fire/

prettylight
9 minutes ago, Artvandolay said:

The circular depiction of the 13 stars was used while slavery was legal.

oh

grieker
36 minutes ago, Artvandolay said:

Nah, that can't be it.  Slavery wasn't abolished until 1833 and the flag changed years before that - oh it's the FLAG,AND America he hates.  People of privilege tend to have that outlook.

prettylight
1 hour ago, grieker said:

Nah, that can't be it.  Slavery wasn't abolished until 1833 and the flag changed years before that - oh it's the FLAG,AND America he hates.  People of privilege tend to have that outlook.

Another take on this might be, loving America might be finding ways to make it better.

Isn't that also the appeal of "Make America Great Again"? Wanting to make things better?

grieker
2 hours ago, prettylight said:

Another take on this might be, loving America might be finding ways to make it better.

Isn't that also the appeal of "Make America Great Again"? Wanting to make things better?

Tearing down is oft times NOT the best way to build it up.  The hatred kap has espoused towards America in general should put aside any doubts as to his patriotism.

Nike is a player in the divisive rhetoric as well as are all those who "take a knee" during our National Anthem.

No one believes it a good idea to piss of the majority of Americans in any effort of love of America and doing so would make America better.  No one, not even Kap.

prettylight
49 minutes ago, grieker said:

Tearing down is oft times NOT the best way to build it up.

agree

49 minutes ago, grieker said:

The hatred kap has espoused towards America in general should put aside any doubts as to his patriotism.

Protest is not the same thing as hatred, and it's frustrating to see the right insisting on conflating the two. :(

prettylight
51 minutes ago, grieker said:

Nike is a player in the divisive rhetoric as well as are all those who "take a knee" during our National Anthem.

It's a nonviolent form of protest, which apparently outrages the powers that be.

(Maybe it genuinely scares them?)

prettylight
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, grieker said:

No one believes it a good idea to piss of the majority of Americans in any effort of love of America and doing so would make America better.

Here is a question: why are the powers that be working double-time to make sure the majority of Americans get pissed off at this?

Rather than accepting it as a fair, nonviolent form of protest, protected by the Constitution?

Edited by prettylight

grieker
8 hours ago, prettylight said:

Here is a question: why are the powers that be working double-time to make sure the majority of Americans get pissed off at this?

Rather than accepting it as a fair, nonviolent form of protest, protected by the Constitution?

No one has to work to ensure people get pissed by anyone disrespecting America and Americans by taking a knee during the playing of the National Anthem.

You are correct in that the United States Constitution protects ass-hats and allows they to be ass-hats by disrespecting all that America and Americans stand for.  It certainly is their right and no matter how much I disagree with their disparaging America, I will support their right to express how much they hate America and Americans.

prettylight

If people didn't protest injustice in this country, we'd still have slavery.

Right, Grieker?

Isn't that the only way progress is made? People having the courage to take a stand? (or a knee, whichever the case may be)

Surely a brave fellow such as yourself isn't saying, "Just be quiet and suck it up. Pretend you don't notice anything wrong."

grieker

grieker
1 hour ago, Pastor of Muppets said:

You trump snowflakes are something else.

Why don't you just find something to boycott.

Wait, you're starting to run out of things to boycott...

On Tuesday, CNN’s Chris Cuomo hosted a debate between former South Carolina Democratic lawmaker Bakari Sellers and Trump adviser Steve Cortes on Nike’s decision to pull the “Betsy Ross” shoes at the urging of Colin Kaepernick.

“This Republican and this fallout rage is almost laughable,” said Sellers. “The shoe and flag represented a period of time where I was three-fifths of a human being. That is a issue. People don’t want to go back to that time. But Nike made a business decision that they have every right to do. And so for the governor of Arizona, for Ted Cruz, for all of these now self-righteous politicians on the right to come out and break out pitchforks for Nike, look, they were the same people who were trying to burn Nikes a few weeks ago and that stock went straight up. So why don’t you do that same thing again, I think it’s going to help Nike’s bottom line.”

“But they are quiet as church mice when they’re talking about a president who tramples on the American flag today, who cavorts with dictators, who lets his children play government on the weekends, and now who has a humanitarian crisis on the border,” added Sellers. “So I don’t really want to hear what you have to say about Nike, I’d rather you worry about what’s going on today with our American values.”

Cortes disagreed, acknowledging that Nike has a right to “make this dreadful mistake,” but adding that the company “was an iconic American story. And sadly what it’s becoming now is a soulless globalist bureaucracy and one that is willing to disrespect the country that made its rise possible.”

“Steve and I have two totally different views of what it means to be patriotic,” said Sellers. “We have two totally different views on what it means to be American. I love this country. I love the United States of America and the reason I love it is because of people like Colin Kaepernick, because of people Muhammad Ali, because of people like my father.”

Speaking of asses - Sellers was NEVER three-fifths of a human being - NEVER!

Kaepernick was protesting police brutality THAT'S WHAT HE SAID he was protesting.

P.S.  Nike up 1.5 percent today.  DOW set ANOTHER record.

grieker
On 7/2/2019 at 5:30 PM, Artvandolay said:

Interestingly Art, Betsie's flag wasn't "racist" or depicting "slavery" when Oblama was inaugurated.   

Artvandolay
8 hours ago, grieker said:

Interestingly Art, Betsie's flag wasn't "racist" or depicting "slavery" when Oblama was inaugurated.   

We won't bring that up, G.

Makes us look silly.

grieker
20 minutes ago, Pastor of Muppets said:

So Trump wastes 92 million + in taxpayer dollars on a fascist parade dedicated to himself, children drink out of toilets and starve to death in concentration camps, and the world teeters on the brink of nuclear war because we metaphorically nuked the nuclear deal.

But forget all that, everyone should be outraged about a fucking shoe! For fuck's sake!

Talis  Ammit5  15 hours ago

More importantly, when are we going to investigate Hillary?

Well, well, well.  Words from one who did not watch Trumps comments because you wouldn't dare turn to Fox News for any reason and they were they ONLY ones carrying Trump's speech.  You might want to watch and LISTEN to his words spoken during that speech.  As for "trump's parade"!  Bull shit, he was not an Obama with me, me, me shit.

Pastor of Muppets
33 minutes ago, grieker said:

Well, well, well.  Words from one who did not watch Trumps comments because you wouldn't dare turn to Fox News for any reason and they were they ONLY ones carrying Trump's speech.  You might want to watch and LISTEN to his words spoken during that speech.  As for "trump's parade"!  Bull shit, he was not an Obama with me, me, me shit.

I watched it on cspan you goof.

Artvandolay
16 minutes ago, Pastor of Muppets said:

I watched it on cspan you goof.

Yes because MSNBC showed replays of the Democrat debates. Seriously?

No wonder they consistently lose in the ratings.