When Does America Reckon with the Gravity of Donald Trump’s Alleged Rapes?

prettylight

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prettylight

• grieker

• Farmer Vincent

• Pastor of Muppets

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But there is one more connection, which is Donald Trump. Along with the agents of Ice, Trump has Mariee’s blood on his hands. Trump is also a former friend of Epstein’s. Their friendship soured, but T

The allegations against Trump are entirely believable because we have a good sense of the sort of person he is.  He even described that he sexually assaults women.  So that is the reason so many peopl

I really don't think I'm capable of a sex crime.  A good part of my life was dedicated to helping victims (in other situations) and I'm never going to lose that instinct.   Trump has bragged abou

Posted Images

grieker

IMPEACH THE MOTHER FUCKER AGAIN!

prettylight

maybe nobody in the history of the world has handled being assaulted by a powerful bully the way E. Jean Carroll has.

wondering if she's a thorn in Trump's side like nobody else he's ever assaulted. She has the heart of a lion.

can't stop checking her tweets. Relentless, and somehow (I don't know how) she manages to make them funny:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
prettylight

Trump tax ruling a new front in defamation suits against him

by: JENNIFER PELTZ, Associated Press

Posted: Jul 17, 2020 / 04:15 PM EDT / Updated: Jul 17, 2020 / 04:15 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — When the U.S. Supreme Court decided this month that the presidency isn’t a shield against a New York prosecutor’s criminal investigation, the justices didn’t say whether the same goes for civil suits against the president in state courts.

That has quickly become a question in two closely watched defamation lawsuits filed by women who say President Donald Trump smeared them while denying their sexual assault allegations.

Lawyers for the women, E. Jean Carroll and Summer Zervos, are now trying to persuade New York courts that the U.S. Supreme Court’s rulingstrengthens their arguments for letting the suits go forward. Trump’s attorneys are contending just the opposite.

The dispute comes with one of the cases now before New York’s highest court, which is weighing whether a sitting president is constitutionally protected from being sued in state courts.

“The answer is no” under the U.S. Supreme Court’s reasoning, Zervos attorneys Beth Wilkinson and Moira Penza wrote in a letter Friday to the top-level state Court of Appeals.

Although the Supreme Court case was about a criminal probe, Zervos’ and Carroll’s lawyers maintain that the justices rejected essentially the same presidential immunity claims that Trump’s attorneys have raised in the lawsuits.

“The Supreme Court has now spoken,” Carroll lawyer Roberta Kaplan wrote to the judge in her defamation case last week. She said it follows from the ruling “that Trump’s assertions of immunity in this case … are completely baseless.”

Trump’s lawyer Marc Kasowitz said that doesn’t follow at all.

https://www.wpri.com/news/us-and-world/trump-tax-ruling-a-new-front-in-defamation-suits-against-him/
  • 4 weeks later...
prettylight

Judge rules E. Jean Carroll can continue to seek Trump's DNA in defamation suit

A New York state Supreme Court judge on Thursday denied President Donald Trump's effort to delay the proceedings in a defamation lawsuit filed against him by longtime magazine columnist E. Jean Carroll, a move that allows her to pursue his DNA sample in an effort to prove claims he sexually assaulted her in the 1990s.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/politics/e-jean-carroll-trump-dna/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
prettylight
Posted (edited)

It looks like E. Jean Carroll is starting to interview her fellow Trump assaultees for The Atlantic. From yesterday:

‘I Moved on Her Very Heavily’: Part 1

Fifteen years ago, the writer Natasha Stoynoff went to Mar-a-Lago to interview Donald and Melania Trump on the occasion of their first anniversary.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/08/i-moved-on-her-very-heavily-trumps-accusers-speak/615664/

Edited by prettylight
prettylight

"One of the Presidential Candidates had over two dozen valid sexual-assault accusations one including a 13-year old girl in 2016 and he was still the most featured candidate on cable news. Trump was given enormous amounts of free air time cause he made them $$."

prettylight

more accounts of Trump's constant, prolific grabbing and groping:

'I Moved on Her Very Heavily,' Part 2

September 2, 2020

When I try to determine the timelines of Melania Trump giving birth in Manhattan and her husband feeling up a young law-school grad at a Santa Monica hotel, the lawyer emits a bitter, sarcastic chuckle. “I don’t think Melania being perfect or giving birth would stop Trump,” she says. “I don’t think anything would stop him. He probably did the same thing to 10 different women that night. That’s the thing. I was not special.

so much more at

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/i-moved-on-her-very-heavily-part-two/615892/

prettylight

^

Again and again we see Jessica, one of the first women to publicly accuse Trump of sexual assault in 2016, on the front page of The New York Times or sitting for an interview with Anderson Cooperand what do we see?

“I know that if the story gets any attention, the first thing Trump will say is that I’m not pretty enough,” Jessica says. “I know instinctively that’s what he’s going to say.”

Trump, in fact, yammers about Jessica’s accusations at a rally, and hoots, “Believe me, she would not be my first choice!”

“I want to tell everyone,” Jessica says. “In my 30s, I’m not bad looking. I certainly never compete in any beauty contest, but I am pretty enough. Thank you.”

prettylight

yet another credible account, it seems like this lout assaulted people like it was his full-time job:

Former model accuses Trump of sexually assaulting her at 1997 U.S. Open

Dorris was dating a friend of Trump's at the time, Jason Binn, who did not return The Guardian's requests for comment. Lawyers for the president reportedly told The Guardian that Binn had also questioned Dorris's account of the alleged attack.

Numerous confidantes of Dorris corroborated her account to The Guardian, telling the newspaper that they heard the same accusations made by Dorris in the days following her alleged attack. Dorris's mother and a therapist also confirmed that she spoke to them about the incident in years after it allegedly occurred.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/516862-former-model-accuses-trump-of-sexually-assaulting-her-at-1997-us-open

prettylight

Remarkable to read how consistent the allegations - all denied by the president - have been over the years. The Guardian today:

'It felt like tentacles': the women who accuse Trump of sexual misconduct

Allegations against president span decades, with Amy Dorris at least the 26th woman to come forward

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/17/amy-dorris-donald-trump-women-who-accuse-sexual-misconduct?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

via https://twitter.com/PaulLewis/status/1306531698360889345

prettylight

^

Dorris lives in Palm Beach county, not far from Mar-a-Lago. “I have a lot of friends that are Trump supporters, so it’s just been a little difficult,” she said.

“I don’t feel safe,” she said, but added: “It’s time to speak out.”

She said she was not coming forward for “political reasons”. “I’ve always been independent and I’ve voted Republican many times. If he was a Democrat I would still come forward,” she said. “It’s about the example he’s setting. He’s shut down every woman who has come forward.”

She added: “I’ve noticed a shift in how women are being treated since he became president … so I am coming out for me, for my kids.”

Edited by prettylight
  • 4 weeks later...
prettylight
Most sexual assault coverage in America is told from the attacker’s perspective. Survivors’ physical appearance is described in detail, and the actual assault is sexualized. But in E. Jean Carroll’s masterly series for The Atlantic, “I Moved on Her Very Heavily,” Trump’s survivors remain firmly in charge of their own stories, focusing their conversation on his crimes and his impact on their lives.

On this week’s Kicker, journalist and author E. Jean Carroll speaks with Kyle Pope, editor and publisher of CJR, on how our coverage of sexual assault makes it easier for voters to slough off and why she knew coming forward to tell how Trump raped her in the mid-nineties would rouse his base.