LTnewsDawg

CNN- Neil deGrasse Tyson is facing backlash after tweeting about shooting deaths

LTnewsDawg

Neil deGrasse Tyson is facing backlash online after he tweeted about gun deaths over the weekend.

cnn_topstories?d=yIl2AUoC8zA cnn_topstories?d=7Q72WNTAKBA cnn_topstories?i=cyvYPz2UNK8:Biq3oXNJ8B0 cnn_topstories?d=qj6IDK7rITs cnn_topstories?i=cyvYPz2UNK8:Biq3oXNJ8B0
cyvYPz2UNK8

View the full article

grieker

Sorry Neil - even your friends in the progressive bubble, you know the tolerant ones, can't tolerate rationale discussion.

Just like in Chicago this year there have been over 1,500 shootings - they don't give a shit about that, goes unchallenged and under reported.  And for God's sake, don't bring up the number of murders in Baltimore.

Gun-free slaughter zones are never a good idea.  

grieker
10 minutes ago, skeptic2mod said:

Many other people mentioned that the other causes he listed were being researched or had reliable preventative measures that could be taken such as vaccines, while gun violence remains an unsolved issue.

Unresolved indeed - however research does continue.

Creating more laws when current laws are not enforced is stoooopid.  Looking for causal action and gaps in laws is fine and when found, address them.

Farmer Vincent
3 minutes ago, grieker said:

Unresolved indeed - however research does continue.

Creating more laws when current laws are not enforced is stoooopid.  Looking for causal action and gaps in laws is fine and when found, address them.

Current laws allows the ownership of military type weapons.  That's a flaw that should be corrected.  

grieker
1 minute ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Current laws allows the ownership of military type weapons.  That's a flaw that should be corrected.  

Your opinion is noted.

grieker

Imagine how many Wall-Mart's this punk-ass, sub-human, feral, savage, coward thug passed during his 10 hour drive to El Paso to murder innocent people.

Farmer Vincent
19 minutes ago, grieker said:

Your opinion is noted.

Another opinion ... the shooter was able to buy 6,000 rounds of ammo online, no questions asked, no red flags going up.  That's another flaw.  

grieker
3 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Another opinion ... the shooter was able to buy 6,000 rounds of ammo online, no questions asked, no red flags going up.  That's another flaw.  

WHAT?!  You believe it should raise a flag if you purchase 6,000 rounds of ammunition???  

ARE YOU SERIOUS?  Obviously you've never purchased ammunition on line.  Best deals are in bulk.

Wonder how many flags should be raised on my part?

That's like saying "Holy shit" this guy just bought 5 bags of ammonium nitrate!!!

Farmer Vincent
1 minute ago, grieker said:

WHAT?!  You believe it should raise a flag if you purchase 6,000 rounds of ammunition???  

ARE YOU SERIOUS?  Obviously you've never purchased ammunition on line.  Best deals are in bulk.

Wonder how many flags should be raised on my part?

That's like saying "Holy shit" this guy just bought 5 bags of ammonium nitrate!!!

That's right.  That's what I said.  

grieker
10 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

That's right.  That's what I said.  

Asinine.  Enjoy your 'Minority Report' mentality.

grieker
30 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

What "questions" should be asked of anyone purchasing 6,000 rounds of ammo online Vince?  And these "red flags" you refer to going up - what does that entail?

grieker

So two separate shootings this weekend, one in El Paso and one in Dayton and the lyin progressive fake news media machines are focusing ONLY ON THE WHITE SUPREMACIST piece of shit not the Dayton shooter.  

Can you say bias - I knew you could.

Colored man presidential candidate puts the shootings directly on Trump!  More "elect me" fodder for the dumb masses.

prettylight
2 minutes ago, grieker said:

So two separate shootings this weekend, one in El Paso and one in Dayton and the lyin progressive fake news media machines are focusing ONLY ON THE WHITE SUPREMACIST piece of shit not the Dayton shooter.  

Have been trying to find out more about him.

lanzate
8 minutes ago, grieker said:

What "questions" should be asked of anyone purchasing 6,000 rounds of ammo online Vince?  And these "red flags" you refer to going up - what does that entail?

It would just feed into your “community life score”.    They would take into account your online presence,  post to forums goggle searches, your health history, and medications, blood tests results....you’re uploading all that for your insurance discounts right?....credit score voter registration.   

Farmer Vincent
39 minutes ago, grieker said:

Asinine.  Enjoy your 'Minority Report' mentality.

Enjoy your defending mass shootings mentality.  

GeezUS
1 hour ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Back in CA when I was shooting weekly 6,000 rounds would have lasted me 12 weeks. I was shooting 24,000 rounds a year.

Farmer Vincent
1 minute ago, GeezUS said:

Back in CA when I was shooting weekly 6,000 rounds would have lasted me 12 weeks. I was shooting 24,000 rounds a year.

Mass shooters could be ruining it for good people with military type weapons who use a lot of ammo.  

GeezUS
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LTnewsDawg said:

Neil deGrasse Tyson is facing backlash online after he tweeted about gun deaths over the weekend.

Tyson's post was rational. Too bad he left out that almost 25,000 children (ages 5 and under) die from starvation and drinking bad water every day. That should be the newspaper headline every day.

Edited by GeezUS

grieker
3 hours ago, GeezUS said:

Right.  When I was shooting competitively in New Mexico I was throwing 1,200 - 2,000 rounds a week down range.  Most my spare time was spent reloading.

prettylight
10 hours ago, grieker said:

We know "good guys with guns" stopped him almost immediately, in a minute.

But the kind of gun he had already had enabled him to kill 9 people and wound 26 more in one minute.

grieker
15 minutes ago, prettylight said:

We know "good guys with guns" stopped him almost immediately, in a minute.

But the kind of gun he had already had enabled him to kill 9 people and wound 26 more in one minute.

How many could he have killed with a bomb, or a vehicle?  C'mon people!

grieker
10 hours ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Mass shooters could be ruining it for good people with military type weapons who use a lot of ammo.  

Mass shooters wouldn't be the ones ruining it for good people with military type weapons who use a lot of ammo.  It will be the progressives with their knee-jerk irrational conclusions as to what will work KNOWING it won't.

prettylight
44 minutes ago, grieker said:

Mass shooters wouldn't be the ones ruining it for good people with military type weapons who use a lot of ammo.  It will be the progressives with their knee-jerk irrational conclusions as to what will work KNOWING it won't.

Do you think the NRA/Republican way is working?

grieker
3 minutes ago, prettylight said:

Do you think the NRA/Republican way is working?

What I KNOW is NOT working is the progressives soft, coddling, passive, aw it's not their fault, we ALL are winners in competitions etc., etc., bullshit!

Again PL, do the math!

Pastor of Muppets
8 minutes ago, grieker said:

What I KNOW is NOT working is the progressives soft, coddling, passive, aw it's not their fault, we ALL are winners in competitions etc., etc., bullshit!

Again PL, do the math!

330 million people + 330 million guns = a lot of gun deaths.

prettylight
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, grieker said:

Again PL, do the math!

Stricter gun control is soft, coddling, and passive?:no:

Isn't it the reverse of that? Isn't it law and order?

In addition to being what the majority wants.

America’s Mass Shooting Epidemic Is the Result of Republican Minority Rule

A clear majority of Americans and Democrats support stricter gun control—the GOP has been blocking it for decades, and the results have been murderous.

"For all the talk of America’s obsession with guns and propensity for violence, only 30 percent of Americans actually own them, according to Pew Research. A solid majority—57 percent of Americans—support stricter gun laws, with 80 percent of Democrats and Democrat-leaning independents versus 28 percent of Republicans. Blue states, like California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland, Hawaii, and New York, have passed stricter gun-control laws—and even though it’s relatively easy to purchase firearms and bring them across state lines, those states have lower rates of gun violence than those with lax standards, according to the Giffords Law Center. "

https://www.gq.com/story/americas-mass-shooting-republican-rule

Edited by prettylight

grieker
10 hours ago, Pastor of Muppets said:

330 million people + 330 million guns = a lot of gun deaths.

If we gun owners were the problem - you damned well would know it.

It's a few mental retards influenced by whatever and they go off the reservation, go ape shit and kill.

grieker
10 hours ago, prettylight said:

Stricter gun control is soft, coddling, and passive?:no:

Isn't it the reverse of that? Isn't it law and order?

In addition to being what the majority wants.

America’s Mass Shooting Epidemic Is the Result of Republican Minority Rule

A clear majority of Americans and Democrats support stricter gun control—the GOP has been blocking it for decades, and the results have been murderous.

"For all the talk of America’s obsession with guns and propensity for violence, only 30 percent of Americans actually own them, according to Pew Research. A solid majority—57 percent of Americans—support stricter gun laws, with 80 percent of Democrats and Democrat-leaning independents versus 28 percent of Republicans. Blue states, like California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland, Hawaii, and New York, have passed stricter gun-control laws—and even though it’s relatively easy to purchase firearms and bring them across state lines, those states have lower rates of gun violence than those with lax standards, according to the Giffords Law Center. "

https://www.gq.com/story/americas-mass-shooting-republican-rule

Since when the hell do you people consider what the majority wants?

W

prettylight
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, grieker said:

Since when the hell do you people consider what the majority wants?

W

I thought that's what this country is supposed to be all about, what the majority wants.

And that's why we vote?

"A solid majority—57 percent of Americans—support stricter gun laws."

Edited by prettylight