grieker

It's Not The Gun

grieker

It's not the fact that it looks like a menacing Military Assault Weapon of War, despite what progressives cry. 

It's not how many rounds of ammunition it is capable of holding, despite what progressives cry. 

The progressives have forgotten 2002 when single shots from a firearm days apart killed 10 during a three-week "hunting" trip in DC metro area.

Hell progressives don't even need firearms at all to get killed.  Heaven's Gate Cult and Jim Jones experiment are sad mass killings of progressives.

grieker
14 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

It's the rate of fire and how many rounds between reloads available to someone who's relatively inexperienced.  

You did not disappoint me Vince.

GeezUS
52 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

It's the rate of fire and how many rounds between reloads available to someone who's relatively inexperienced.  

I'll bring this up again...

Cho, with little handgun experience, killed 32 and wounded 17 others with a Glock 19. (For those that don't know what a Glock 19 is... it's a handgun firing a 9mm round.)

prettylight
2 hours ago, Farmer Vincent said:

There’s No Second Amendment Right to Large-Capacity Magazines

But conservative judges may block common-sense measures for a long time to come.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/opinion/dayton-gun-laws-shooting.html

Dan Daniels
1 hour ago, GeezUS said:

Cho, with little handgun experience, killed 32 and wounded 17 others with a Glock 19. (For those that don't know what a Glock 19 is... it's a handgun firing a 9mm round.)

But, but, but a Glock is not as scary looking as a AR or an AK. That and they can't call a Glock an assault weapon.  

GeezUS

"Weapons like the one I carried in Afghanistan have no place on our streets or in our schools -- least of all in the hands of white nationalists," Buttigieg wrote. "I want to be able to look back on this moment and tell my children that we brought people together to deliver gun safety. I want my children to be able to to the mall with their grandmother, or to school, or to the movies, without living in fear."

First of all what you carried in Afghanistan is not the same rifle carried here. There is no full-auto or burst mode on civilian rifles.

Secondly your children will still live in fear... because the next Cho is around the corner when you ban military-style rifles.

grieker
44 minutes ago, prettylight said:

There’s No Second Amendment Right to Large-Capacity Magazines

But conservative judges may block common-sense measures for a long time to come.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/opinion/dayton-gun-laws-shooting.html

Most importantly, the United States Constitution does NOT limit magazine capacity.

Now you progressive assholes - tell me what these "common-sense" gun laws are ?

Wanting to go back to what Oblama did with Oblamacare requiring doctors to capture information about patients homes and firearms and then digitize that information?  

What "red-flag" 'Minority Report' efforts violating civil rights are you willing to leap to?

Farmer Vincent
2 hours ago, GeezUS said:

How long was Cho an active shooter?  

grieker
2 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Seconds

grieker
21 minutes ago, GeezUS said:

"Weapons like the one I carried in Afghanistan have no place on our streets or in our schools -- least of all in the hands of white nationalists," Buttigieg wrote. "I want to be able to look back on this moment and tell my children that we brought people together to deliver gun safety. I want my children to be able to to the mall with their grandmother, or to school, or to the movies, without living in fear."

First of all what you carried in Afghanistan is not the same rifle carried here. There is no full-auto or burst mode on civilian rifles.

Secondly your children will still live in fear... because the next Cho is around the corner when you ban military-style rifles.

Buttegg is no idiot and chose his words purposefully.

GeezUS
5 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

He bought the Glock March 13th and died April 16th.

Farmer Vincent
Just now, grieker said:

Seconds

It was nine minutes actually.  So no worries all you future mass shooters, an assault weapons ban will still leave you the option of semi-automatic pistols if laws still allow you to buy guns despite any red flags that might have popped up with better gun control regulations.  

grieker

It was nine minutes actually.  So no worries all you future mass shooters, an assault weapons ban will still leave you the option of semi-automatic pistols if laws still allow you to buy guns despite any red flags that might have popped up with better gun control regulations.  

Your red-flag shit gets really close to what you people despise when it happens to you.  It would no longer be a one-way street.

Farmer Vincent
2 minutes ago, grieker said:

Your red-flag shit gets really close to what you people despise when it happens to you.  It would no longer be a one-way street.

What happens to me?  Like being a victim in a mass shooting?   

prettylight
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, grieker said:

Most importantly, the United States Constitution does NOT limit magazine capacity.

Well why don't we just expand "the right to bear arms" for individuals to include nuclear weapons, too, since the Constitution doesn't limit "arms" to guns?

But surely common sense, and consideration for the common good, can be applied to it.

Edited by prettylight

grieker
3 minutes ago, prettylight said:

Well why don't we just expand "the right to bear arms" for individuals to include nuclear weapons, too, since the Constitution doesn't limit "arms" to guns?

But surely common sense, and consideration for the common good, can be applied to it.

Progressives have no common sense - progressives have a common goal.

prettylight
Just now, grieker said:

Progressives have no common sense - progressives have a common goal.

What does common sense look like to you, Grieker?

Compliance with the oligarchs' agenda?

grieker

What happens to me?  Like being a victim in a mass shooting?   

Oil well Vince - when it's your time, it's your time.

Statistically speaking you have a 0.00000013% chance of being killed in a mass shooting, and a 5.89389322e-8% chance of being killed by a Muslim terrorist.

grieker
3 minutes ago, prettylight said:

What does common sense look like to you, Grieker?

Compliance with the oligarchs' agenda?

We are in America PL, not Russia and RUSSIA COLLUSION is limited to the progressives as has been proven.

prettylight
1 minute ago, grieker said:

We are in America PL.

I realize that.

--

The modern United States has also been described as an oligarchy, with its Republican Party representing a minority of the population but securing control of the Senate, the Presidency, and the Supreme Court, while the Democratic Party has control of the House.

Is America an oligarchy dominated by billionaires? | US news | The ...

GeezUS

Farmer Vincent
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, grieker said:

Oil well Vince - when it's your time, it's your time.

Statistically speaking you have a 0.00000013% chance of being killed in a mass shooting, and a 5.89389322e-8% chance of being killed by a Muslim terrorist.

Winger link?

5 - 8% chance of being killed by a Muslim terrorist?  Wow.  And I don't personally know anybody that's been killed by a Muslim terrorist.  That must be some long odds.  

Edited by Farmer Vincent

GeezUS
22 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Winger link?

5 - 8% chance of being killed by a Muslim terrorist?  Wow. 

No doubt on the winger link. My chart(s) are a bit more on the money.

prettylight

prettylight
Posted (edited)

The Looser a State's Gun Laws, the More Mass Shootings It Has

Researchers have begun to see a trend: The rate of mass shootings is consistently much higher for places with fewer restrictions on guns.

View the full article

Edited by prettylight

grieker

Over the last @15 years all the shooters in mass shootings had at least one thing in common - no father in their life.

Sorry, not all, 8 in 10; 80% of them.

GeezUS
4 hours ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Winger link?

5 - 8% chance of being killed by a Muslim terrorist?  Wow.  And I don't personally know anybody that's been killed by a Muslim terrorist.  That must be some long odds.  

If you read griekey's link the chances of being killed in a mass shooting is like 1 in a million, but if you are, the odds you were killed by a muslim is 5.9-8%.