Dan Daniels

PA Schools

Dan Daniels

Governor Wolf has ordered all PA schools closed for the next two weeks.

grieker
7 minutes ago, Dan Daniels said:

Governor Wolf has ordered all PA schools closed for the next two weeks.

That'll show that God Damned Chinese Wuhan Virus!  Drop dead virus!!! lol

Dan Daniels

I imagine there is substantial consternation about childcare because of closings. Perhaps mom or dad will be burning vacation time.  

simpleton
16 hours ago, Dan Daniels said:

I imagine there is substantial consternation about childcare because of closings. Perhaps mom or dad will be burning vacation time.  

Exactly.  childcare places will close, too.  forcing parents to miss work.  

Farmer Vincent

grieker

ALL facilities that are closed and "sanitized" will remain so until the first person enters them...

grieker

For all of you thinking the schools will be closed for two weeks - think again...!

Pastor of Muppets
45 minutes ago, grieker said:

For all of you thinking the schools will be closed for two weeks - think again...!

What you talkin bout Willis?

Today, Governor Tom Wolf announced that all K-12 Pennsylvania schools will be closed for 10 business days effective Monday, March 16. The administration has been working with school districts as well as state and local officials to gather input on this decision. The Wolf Administration will continue to monitor Covid-19 in the commonwealth, and at the end of 10 days will reevaluate and decide whether continued closure is needed.

Jasman1017
12 hours ago, Pastor of Muppets said:

What you talkin bout Willis?

Today, Governor Tom Wolf announced that all K-12 Pennsylvania schools will be closed for 10 business days effective Monday, March 16. The administration has been working with school districts as well as state and local officials to gather input on this decision. The Wolf Administration will continue to monitor Covid-19 in the commonwealth, and at the end of 10 days will reevaluate and decide whether continued closure is needed.

The CDC recommended cancelling 8 weeks for any gatherings of 50 or more people.  Seems like school would fit that definition.  Unfortunately people are not taking the isolation thing very seriously either.

Pastor of Muppets
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Jasman1017 said:

The CDC recommended cancelling 8 weeks for any gatherings of 50 or more people.  Seems like school would fit that definition.  Unfortunately people are not taking the isolation thing very seriously either.

I think we've only seen the beginning of cancellations. State stores close tomorrow.

Edited by Pastor of Muppets

simpleton
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pastor of Muppets said:

I think we've only seen the beginning of cancellations. State stores close tomorrow.

Now that's a disaster.  Ours staying open for now.  let's get out there and fight over booze before it's too late  

Edited by simpleton

GeezUS
51 minutes ago, simpleton said:

Now that's a disaster.  Ours staying open for now.  let's get out there and fight over booze before it's too late  

I was there yesterday. The shelves were stocked and not a lot of people there. NO booze run like bread/milk or toilet paper/hand sanitizer.

simpleton
39 minutes ago, GeezUS said:

I was there yesterday. The shelves were stocked and not a lot of people there. NO booze run like bread/milk or toilet paper/hand sanitizer.

Wait till they really shut everything down. 

simpleton

I'm hearing an announcement tonight at 8.  Expecting restaurant closings then.

Pastor of Muppets
2 hours ago, simpleton said:

Ok, I stand corrected. They aren't closing tomorrow. 

GeezUS
10 minutes ago, Pastor of Muppets said:

Ok, I stand corrected. They aren't closing tomorrow. 

Philly suburbs state stores are closing tomorrow. How soon before they close ours?

Pastor of Muppets
1 minute ago, GeezUS said:

Philly suburbs state stores are closing tomorrow. How soon before they close ours?

I'm stocked up now. 👍😉🍾🍸🍻

Dan Daniels
5 minutes ago, GeezUS said:

The Governor is on TV now ordering stuff to shut down. Film at 11.