prettylight

Other countries are winning against the virus. We are quitting

grieker
34 minutes ago, prettylight said:

Other countries are winning against the virus. We are quitting.

Under Trump, the United States plays the loser.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/08/other-countries-are-winning-against-virus-we-are-quitting/

The ideologues at the WAPO remain WACO>  

prettylight

35 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Back in Jan./Feb. Trump's denial that the virus was a serious problem caused him to delay to act.  Right wing media chimed in to back up that claim.  The result of that delay is quite apparent now while the result of quick action by other countries provides the contrast.  As it is right now, we're behind where Italy was a month or so ago.  The virus is spreading throughout the rest of the country, into the rural areas that lack the hospitals and resources of the cities and we're abandoning the fight against the virus in favor of trying to save the economy instead of the people.  Many states are falling back to allowing it to wash over them to build herd immunity and that's too bad.  It will come at quite a cost and in the end delay economic recovery.  

grieker
17 hours ago, prettylight said:

When you had experts saying it's not a problem nor going to be a problem - what's your problem with him not closing China travel until the 4th of March?

prettylight
On 5/12/2020 at 3:36 PM, grieker said:

When you had experts saying it's not a problem nor going to be a problem - what's your problem with him not closing China travel until the 4th of March?

My understanding is that his experts were saying it was a problem and was going to be a problem, and that he didn't want to hear it.

--

Three Months, Two Continents and Four Stints in Quarantine

A reporter got a close-up look at how different governments handled the developing pandemic. Some were more impressive than others.

"Taiwan quickly imposed travel restrictions, screened visitors, deployed protective gear. As a result, Taiwan as of Wed. had only 440 confirmed cases & 7 deaths...Life here has continued mostly uninterrupted, though masks & temp checks are now the norm."

grieker
12 minutes ago, prettylight said:

My understanding is that his experts were saying it was a problem and was going to be a problem, and that he didn't want to hear it.

--

Three Months, Two Continents and Four Stints in Quarantine

A reporter got a close-up look at how different governments handled the developing pandemic. Some were more impressive than others.

"Taiwan quickly imposed travel restrictions, screened visitors, deployed protective gear. As a result, Taiwan as of Wed. had only 440 confirmed cases & 7 deaths...Life here has continued mostly uninterrupted, though masks & temp checks are now the norm."

Farmer Vincent

^  Do you accept any guidance?  If so, what era is it from?  The distant past when there was little known about the virus or now when we have a clearer picture?  Do you only go by what Trump says even though he's been consistantly wrong?  

grieker
13 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

^  Do you accept any guidance?  If so, what era is it from?  The distant past when there was little known about the virus or now when we have a clearer picture?  Do you only go by what Trump says even though he's been consistantly wrong?  

Go by what Trump says - pishaw!

When ALL the doctors across the entire planet can't stop changing their stories - who is one to believe?  

Georgia and Florida seem to be doing okay DESPITE the lyin progressive fake news media machines attempt to trash 'em.

Farmer Vincent
8 minutes ago, grieker said:

When ALL the doctors across the entire planet can't stop changing their stories - who is one to believe?  

Georgia and Florida seem to be doing okay DESPITE the lyin progressive fake news media machines attempt to trash 'em.

No advice from anyone then?  Submit to random fate?

The only thing that can truly refute science is better science, and it does that all the time.  That doesn't mean best knowledge at the present time has no usefulness.  And it certainly doesn't mean that wild guessing is just as good.  

grieker
47 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

No advice from anyone then?  Submit to random fate?

The only thing that can truly refute science is better science, and it does that all the time.  That doesn't mean best knowledge at the present time has no usefulness.  And it certainly doesn't mean that wild guessing is just as good.  

OMG!!!  Georgia is SPIKING with the Wuhan China virus!!!

I listen to advice for all, including morons, idiots and fools from all walks of life.

Doctor Dimm's testimony today will be interesting.  Obviously according to the progressives he IS the End-All.

Have popcorn at the ready.

skeptic2mod
1 hour ago, grieker said:

OK except that Atlanta and other cities have not really reopened

And it's a blood bath in Hall County, especially in Gainesville

grieker
2 minutes ago, skeptic2mod said:

OK except that Atlanta and other cities have not really reopened

And it's a blood bath in Hall County, especially in Gainesville

Other cities have opened.

Hall County...  lol.  Population:  206,349; deaths: 37, hospitalized:  263.

Since April spike new cases is at a whopping 0-2 per day.

They've gone from a 7 day rolling average of 47 to a current 7 day rolling average of 4.

Blood bath for sure.

skeptic2mod
4 minutes ago, grieker said:

Other cities have opened.

Hall County...  lol.  Population:  206,349; deaths: 37, hospitalized:  263.

Since April spike new cases is at a whopping 0-2 per day.

They've gone from a 7 day rolling average of 47 to a current 7 day rolling average of 4.

Blood bath for sure.

read this

https://www.ajc.com/news/northeast-georgia-new-covid-hot-spot-emerges/ZgbPAH5CHeVQdDGy0KiJUN/

skeptic2mod
4 minutes ago, grieker said:

Atlanta Urinal Constitution is a totally biased "news" rag.

See this:

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

* 14-day window – Confirmed cases over the last 14 days may not be accounted for due to illnesses yet to be reported or test results may still be pending.

Not sure what above means...

lanzate

It means they have been stockpiling cases for release at later dates to make it seem the the virus is still more active than it is.  

grieker
Just now, skeptic2mod said:

* 14-day window – Confirmed cases over the last 14 days may not be accounted for due to illnesses yet to be reported or test results may still be pending.

Not sure what above means...

Testing results take a number of days I believe that is what that refers to.

Also Hall county is a heavily populated area with poultry - perhaps - na can't be.

Next update for Hall county comes every day at 1300

skeptic2mod
Just now, grieker said:

Testing results take a number of days I believe that is what that refers to.

Also Hall county is a heavily populated area with poultry - perhaps - na can't be.

Next update for Hall county comes every day at 1300

Sure, they have a system in place that is using testing that is probably more specific than a test with an immediate result

You have to admit that areas where there are so called illegal immigrants have to be a mess if they don't speak the language, don't trust the government and the medical system (I have been to Gainesville, Georgia)...

lanzate

Ryan Aument - state senator of northern Lancaster 

I have been reflecting on the Governor's comments at this morning's press conference. A number of folks have asked me throughout the day if, as a combat veteran, I was offended by the governor calling those of us who oppose his approach "cowards". To some degree I was, though I don't feel a need to prove my courage. I was far more offended on behalf of my constituents - those citizens who have challenged the governor's thinking, and those small business owners who simply seek to be able to do what many of their business competitors have already been granted permission to do; return to work safely by following appropriate guidelines to protect their employees and their customers. That's not cowardice. That's not surrender. It is patriotism.

Let me say this very clearly - whether you express your opposition to my views, or you express your opposition to the views of the governor, you are showing courage and you are a patriot.

I am proud of the residents of Lancaster County.

Lancaster County is NOT surrendering to this virus. In fact, we are fighting back against this enemy with more collaboration, transparency, and resources than the Governor has been willing to put forth to date. This is not a haphazard, knee-jerk reaction to political pressure, but rather a well-thought-out plan that details exactly how assistance and support will be provided to local hospitals and health care systems, the business community, and vulnerable populations, such as nursing homes, within our county. In brief, our plan includes:
• a detailed framework to deploy federal CARES Act funding,
• a four-pronged strategy to aid and protect nursing homes / long-term living facilities that goes above and beyond what the Wolf Administration has provided to this population thus far,
• a Lancaster County Economic Recovery plan developed by the Lancaster Economic Development Company and Chamber of Commerce to ensure that the business community is ready from both a public health and financial standpoint, and
• the appointment of a highly qualified Public Health Emergency Advisor (PHEA) to provide dedicated technical, administrative and logistical advice and assistance during the current COVID-I9 public health emergency.
So I respectfully disagree with your assertion, Mr. Wolf, that Lancaster County is surrendering to this virus. To the contrary, we are fighting this virus with every resource available to us.

grieker
1 minute ago, skeptic2mod said:

Sure, they have a system in place that is using testing that is probably more specific than a test with an immediate result

You have to admit that areas where there are so called illegal immigrants have to be a mess if they don't speak the language, don't trust the government and the medical system (I have been to Gainesville, Georgia)...

I have friends in Flowery Branch and visit from time to time.  Georgia has a huge number of illegal aliens for sure and of course that "community" is being hit disproportionately as they say.

lanzate

Someone is messing with the numbers.    

Compare Lancaster and York County.      The death rate in lancaster is at 10.4%.   There is not a place anywhere that has a death rate that high from this virus.   York death rate is 1.7%.   The demographics of age race wealth etc. per population is almost the same between us.   Just as many people in York work in Baltimore as Lancaster people work in philly.   

https://bao.arcgis.com/covid-19/jhu/county/42133.html   York

https://bao.arcgis.com/covid-19/jhu/county/42071.html   Lancaster

Pastor of Muppets

Trump has been messing with the numbers since February and it hasn't stopped since.

prettylight

lanzate

Interesting since our county stated opening up 6 weeks ago.  

grieker
2 hours ago, Pastor of Muppets said:

Trump has been messing with the numbers since February and it hasn't stopped since.

Link to that foolish statement.

grieker
1 hour ago, prettylight said:

Thank you Dr Ladd

No photo description available.

prettylight

2 hours ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Jared Kushner Reportedly Convinced Trump in March That Coronavirus Testing Was a Bad Idea

"Trump tends to respond very poorly to news that contradicts what he wants to hear, and Kushner seems to have a knack for convincing the president that only best-case scenarios are likely. One White House official told the Financial Times that advising Trump is like "bringing fruits to the volcano" to convince it not to erupt: "You’re trying to appease a great force that’s impervious to reason." Which is why, with already 84,000 Americans dead and with no coordinated testing and tracing strategy on the horizon, we should brace ourselves for what's being anticipated as the "darkest winter in modern history."

https://www.gq.com/story/kushner-too-much-testing

1 hour ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Trump Calls Coronavirus Testing 'Overrated', If US Didn't Test 'We'd Have Very Few Cases'

"And don’t forget, we have more cases than anybody in the world," he added. "But why? Because we do more testing. When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases."

https://www.ibtimes.com/trump-calls-coronavirus-testing-overrated-if-us-didnt-test-wed-have-very-few-cases-2976420

Interesting.  Why didn't I think of it that way?  It's not the virus that's causing cases, it's the tests.