Round the Clock

Farmer Vincent

PA Dept. of Agriculture just revoked the licenses of two Round the Clock Diners in York that defied the Governor's orders by reopening.  

simpleton
30 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

PA Dept. of Agriculture just revoked the licenses of two Round the Clock Diners in York that defied the Governor's orders by reopening.  

He's going to continue to operate.  I read an interview with him.  Three weeks after the shutdown one of his servers died from an overdose.  It hit him hard to lose someone like that so he opened back up so his staff had jobs.

Farmer Vincent
15 minutes ago, simpleton said:

He's going to continue to operate.  I read an interview with him.  Three weeks after the shutdown one of his servers died from an overdose.  It hit him hard to lose someone like that so he opened back up so his staff had jobs.

I imagine that operating without a license would get him in some legal trouble.  

simpleton
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

I imagine that operating without a license would get him in some legal trouble.  

Fines.  I don't think he cares. Better than losing another employee. 

Edited by simpleton
Farmer Vincent
Just now, simpleton said:

Fines.  I don't think he cares.

Probably more like a sheriff padlocking the doors.  

simpleton
3 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Probably more like a sheriff padlocking the doors.  

He's got an attorney. 

Farmer Vincent
21 minutes ago, simpleton said:

He's got an attorney. 

Everybody's got an attorney.  I don't see how he has a leg to stand on.  You don't defy a legal order first and then challenge it at the point that you've broken the law.  The state could very well make an example out of him.  You get your attorney, challenge the order, then see where it goes from there.  

simpleton
8 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Everybody's got an attorney.  I don't see how he has a leg to stand on.  You don't defy a legal order first and then challenge it at the point that you've broken the law.  The state could very well make an example out of him.  You get your attorney, challenge the order, then see where it goes from there.  

We'll see

Pastor of Muppets
1 hour ago, simpleton said:

We'll see

What should happen to the owner if 50+ cases and 2 deaths of covid-19 are traced back to his restaurant that is illegally open?

simpleton
7 hours ago, Pastor of Muppets said:

What should happen to the owner if 50+ cases and 2 deaths of covid-19 are traced back to his restaurant that is illegally open?

Same thing that should happen if those 50 cases are traced to a Walmart. 

Farmer Vincent
2 minutes ago, simpleton said:

Same thing that should happen if those 50 cases are traced to a Walmart. 

The reason restaurants aren't open is because you can't wear a mask while eating.  I doubt that the diners were enforcing social distancing especially since the openings were an act of defiance, which attracts the sort of people that were protesting in Harrisburg. 

simpleton

Did a little research.   His license was not revoked.   Just temporarily suspended.  He can appeal,  so for now, he stays open.

Farmer Vincent
1 minute ago, simpleton said:

Did a little research.   His license was not revoked.   Just temporarily suspended.  He can appeal,  so for now, he stays open.

Staying open under a suspended license is not legal.  No different than driving while license is suspended.  

simpleton
1 minute ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Staying open under a suspended license is not legal.  No different than driving while license is suspended.  

You've added attorney to your list.  You're a climatologist, epidemiologist.  Man, I wish I was an expert in as many things as you.

Farmer Vincent

Dept. of Agriculture revokes Round the Clock Diner's business liceneses

"Both locations were issued a second warning on Thursday, May 21, and told that their licenses would be revoked if they did not comply with the second warning.

On Friday, May 22, the Department of Agriculture revoked both businesses' licenses."

https://local21news.com/news/local/dept-of-agriculture-revokes-round-the-clock-diners-business-liceneses

simpleton
2 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Dept. of Agriculture revokes Round the Clock Diner's business liceneses

"Both locations were issued a second warning on Thursday, May 21, and told that their licenses would be revoked if they did not comply with the second warning.

On Friday, May 22, the Department of Agriculture revoked both businesses' licenses."

https://local21news.com/news/local/dept-of-agriculture-revokes-round-the-clock-diners-business-liceneses

We'll see.

simpleton

It's a political issue now.  Is it worth it for the state to put the smack down on this place?

GeezUS
7 minutes ago, simpleton said:

Is it worth it for the state to put the smack down on this place?

Fines could be as high as $10k a day.

simpleton
15 minutes ago, GeezUS said:

Fines could be as high as $10k a day.

"could be as high as"  Or there could be no fines.  Or there could be fines that never get paid.  A lot of hassle and potentially bad press for the state for a business that will be able to open in a few weeks anyway.

Farmer Vincent

Can anybody show actual figures of how many people have lost their lives because restaurants have been closed for dine in seating?  Because I think it's BS hysterics.  

"Pennsylvania State Rep. Mike Jones believes the diners and other area businesses have a fundamental right to stay open, stating, "I think our response to the virus is now killing far more people and destroying far more lives than we're saving, and I believe we have the moral high ground."

Farmer Vincent
33 minutes ago, simpleton said:

One of their servers died of an overdose 

I doubt that's because the restaurant was closed.  Working or not,  a junkie will still shoot up or whatever.  

Farmer Vincent

You don't know that.  The owner seemed to think it did.  It was one of the reasons he chose to open.  

Why?  So the other junkie servers can have money to buy drugs?  

Pastor of Muppets

You don't know that.  The owner seemed to think it did.  It was one of the reasons he chose to open.  

You or he didn't know that either, but it doesn't prevent you from making baseless assertions.