Farmer Vincent

Pennsylvania Democrats say they were not informed of Republican's coronavirus diagnosis

Farmer Vincent

"Democratic lawmakers in Pennsylvania are calling for answers about why they were not informed for nearly a week that a GOP colleague had been diagnosed with the coronavirus.

“Whoever knew this in the Republican leadership and did not inform the broader membership and staff, they need to resign immediately. This is outrageous and immoral," state Rep. Kevin Boyle (D), who chairs a committee on which State Rep. Andrew Lewis (R) sits, said Wednesday, according to Spotlight PA, adding that numerous Republican lawmakers have not been wearing masks in the capitol.

“I am livid,” said Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta (D), another member of the same committee, adding, “They were derelict in their duty when they did not alert us to this immediately. ... They put our health at risk, they put our families at risk, and Speaker [Mike] Turzai [R] should resign, period.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/499879-pennsylvania-democrats-say-they-were-not-informed-of-republicans

Watch the video by Brian Sims

grieker
2 hours ago, Farmer Vincent said:

"Democratic lawmakers in Pennsylvania are calling for answers about why they were not informed for nearly a week that a GOP colleague had been diagnosed with the coronavirus.

“Whoever knew this in the Republican leadership and did not inform the broader membership and staff, they need to resign immediately. This is outrageous and immoral," state Rep. Kevin Boyle (D), who chairs a committee on which State Rep. Andrew Lewis (R) sits, said Wednesday, according to Spotlight PA, adding that numerous Republican lawmakers have not been wearing masks in the capitol.

“I am livid,” said Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta (D), another member of the same committee, adding, “They were derelict in their duty when they did not alert us to this immediately. ... They put our health at risk, they put our families at risk, and Speaker [Mike] Turzai [R] should resign, period.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/499879-pennsylvania-democrats-say-they-were-not-informed-of-republicans

Start with HIPPA you fuck-wads.  

Outrageous and immoral???  Howz about killing all those nursing home residents.

prettylight
2 hours ago, Farmer Vincent said:

looks like it made national news (well, that's what you posted, too):

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/28/864114401/pennsylvania-democrats-say-they-werent-told-when-gop-member-tested-positive?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=nprblogscoronavirusliveupdates

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/us/politics/andrew-lewis-brian-sims-pa-house-coronavirus.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/politics/pennsylvania-lawmakers-coronavirus/index.html

prettylight
43 minutes ago, grieker said:

Start with HIPPA you fuck-wads.  

can't imagine you would keep it a secret if you learned you had exposed coworkers (or anyone) to this, Grieker.

honestly believe you would do the right thing and tell everyone you could track down.

grieker
46 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

I hope they do come up with some rule about this.  What would be better is if they come up with a great rule and turn it into a law for all workplaces, not just the capital.  Wouldn't happen with Republicans in charge though.  

California will come up with something.  They decriminalized intentionally giving someone AIDs - don't think I'd sweat this horrible incident.

Farmer Vincent
3 hours ago, grieker said:

Of course I would.  It may have been kept SECRET awaiting confirmatory test results since we (you all) know just how faulty the testing process is.

The test for the virus is accurate enough.  It's the test for the antibodies that hasn't been accurate yet.  Nevertheless, if someone is having symptoms they should be self isolating until test results come back as well as informing anyone they've come in contact with.  

grieker
11 hours ago, Farmer Vincent said:

The test for the virus is accurate enough.  It's the test for the antibodies that hasn't been accurate yet.  Nevertheless, if someone is having symptoms they should be self isolating until test results come back as well as informing anyone they've come in contact with.  

Didn't read where he was presenting any symptoms.

Farmer Vincent
35 minutes ago, grieker said:

Didn't read where he was presenting any symptoms.

You can be asymptomatic and still infect others.  But he must have had some idea there was something going on to prompt him to get tested.  

simpleton
13 hours ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Where does the responsibility lie?  Is it on the person who tested positive or does that to health care workers (tracers?).  I agree that those individuals who were around him should have been notified,  just really not sure what the protocol is?

Farmer Vincent
17 minutes ago, simpleton said:

Where does the responsibility lie?  Is it on the person who tested positive or does that to health care workers (tracers?).  I agree that those individuals who were around him should have been notified,  just really not sure what the protocol is?

I don't know what the state of tracers is.  They need to hire a whole lot of them to do a proper job of it (which could be a source of temporary employment for many who are out of work).  But with it being a state rep. there should be people on this, especially now that a stink's been raised.  

The only experience I have with a tracer is that a coworker of my wife's was having symptoms and went to get tested but healthcare people were stingy with the tests back then since they were in such short supply.  Anyway, they tested her for regular flu and when that came back negative they didn't test her for covid because she no longer had symptoms.  In the meantime somebody contacted those who were around this woman at work and just surveyed to see if anyone was having symptoms too and that was the end of it.  

I believe it's a lot easier to get a doctor's okay to get tested now but I have no idea if contact tracing is improved.  

simpleton
14 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

I don't know what the state of tracers is.  They need to hire a whole lot of them to do a proper job of it (which could be a source of temporary employment for many who are out of work).  But with it being a state rep. there should be people on this, especially now that a stink's been raised.  

The only experience I have with a tracer is that a coworker of my wife's was having symptoms and went to get tested but healthcare people were stingy with the tests back then since they were in such short supply.  Anyway, they tested her for regular flu and when that came back negative they didn't test her for covid because she no longer had symptoms.  In the meantime somebody contacted those who were around this woman at work and just surveyed to see if anyone was having symptoms too and that was the end of it.  

I believe it's a lot easier to get a doctor's okay to get tested now but I have no idea if contact tracing is improved.  

The democrats are making this out like it was a deliberate cover up.  If that's true, shame on those involved.  If not, then there's a problem that needs to be addressed.   I just want to understand who is supposed to be doing the notification and how it all works.   

Farmer Vincent
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, simpleton said:

The democrats are making this out like it was a deliberate cover up.  If that's true, shame on those involved.  If not, then there's a problem that needs to be addressed.   I just want to understand who is supposed to be doing the notification and how it all works.   

Legally, it's a grey area.  If digital tracing were applied (a cell phone app that tracks an infected person) it could be challenged as a violation of the Fourth Amendment (Katz v United State) which involves warrantless searches.  The argument for it (tracking) is that if a person accepts that third party digital tracking they're allowing it and the Supreme Court has allowed instances of 'special needs' for the common good as long as it isn't used for law enforcement.  

I don't know about the dark grey area of a person refusing to be traced.  There are some people who also object to authorities using infrared scanners to pick out people with elevated temperatures, claiming that's a violation of the 4th amendment.  

I understand the concern that normalizing warrantless searches might lead to abuse, but this is a serious health crisis that has put everyone at risk and those that strenuously object are on the edge of being a detriment to the common good.  We should all be watching out for each other.  

Edited by Farmer Vincent

simpleton
7 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Legally, it's a grey area.  If digital tracing were applied (a cell phone app that tracks an infected person) it could be challenged as a violation of the Fourth Amendment (Katz v United State) which involves warrantless searches.  The argument for it (tracking) is that if a person accepts that third party digital tracking they're allowing it and the Supreme Court has allowed instances of 'special needs' for the common good as long as it isn't used for law enforcement.  

I don't know about the dark grey area of a person refusing to be traced.  There are some people who also object to authorities using infrared scanners to pick out people with elevated temperatures, claiming that's a violation of the 4th amendment.  

I understand the concern that normalizing warrantless searches might lead to abuse, but this is a serious health crisis that has put everyone at risk and those that strenuously object are on the edge of being a detriment to the common good.  We should all be watching out for each other.  

My understanding is I would have to opt in on an app that does tracing, that's not just done automatically.  As for temperature taking...I work around customers so if I had to have my temperature taken to work, I'd be ok with that.  I dont like the idea of walking down the street having an ir gun scanning me.   That's too far.

Farmer Vincent
9 minutes ago, simpleton said:

My understanding is I would have to opt in on an app that does tracing, that's not just done automatically.  As for temperature taking...I work around customers so if I had to have my temperature taken to work, I'd be ok with that.  I dont like the idea of walking down the street having an ir gun scanning me.   That's too far.

The only place I've seen where ir was being used is airports.  It's probably used in other sensitive areas.  

One thing about masks .. it thwarts facial recognition.  

simpleton
4 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

The only place I've seen where ir was being used is airports.  It's probably used in other sensitive areas.  

The temperature thing should require consent.  I should know it's being done and be able to refuse.  If it is used at a place like airport to save time, that's ok, I just think I need to know where and when it's happening.  If I opt out and they won't let me on a plane,  that's fine.

Farmer Vincent
51 minutes ago, simpleton said:

The temperature thing should require consent.  I should know it's being done and be able to refuse.  If it is used at a place like airport to save time, that's ok, I just think I need to know where and when it's happening.  If I opt out and they won't let me on a plane,  that's fine.

It's none of my business but I can't help but wonder why you would be guarded about your temperature.  

simpleton
8 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

It's none of my business but I can't help but wonder why you would be guarded about your temperature.  

To me that's a 4th amendment issue.  

Farmer Vincent
38 minutes ago, simpleton said:

To me that's a 4th amendment issue.  

Well I just know that if I'm taking public transportation that I'm glad there's some screening.  I wouldn't be happy to be sitting next to someone with a fever.  

Once this deadly virus is kaput, then I'm fine with screening not happening.  

simpleton
2 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Well I just know that if I'm taking public transportation that I'm glad there's some screening.  I wouldn't be happy to be sitting next to someone with a fever.  

Once this deadly virus is kaput, then I'm fine with screening not happening.  

I'm ok with it in order to get into a business,  etc.  I'm not ok with walking down the street having an ir gun on me, then having consequences of a temperature.   

grieker
1 hour ago, Farmer Vincent said:

And the masks are questionable at best.  The W.H.O. doesn't recommend them STILL!

Pastor of Muppets
24 minutes ago, grieker said:

And the masks are questionable at best.  The W.H.O. doesn't recommend them STILL!

Another false assertion.