LTnewsDawg

Clinton swipes at Trump on Russian bounty news: I 'would have read my damn briefs'

LTnewsDawg

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton took a swipe at President Trump on Tuesday over reports that he had been provided with written briefs on intelligence that Russia offered bounties ...

View the full article

prettylight
Posted (edited)
Satire from The Borowitz Report

Trump Did Not Read Taliban Brief Because He Was Busy Not Reading Coronavirus Brief

June 30, 2020Donald Trump at desk in Oval Office.
Photograph by Doug Mills / Pool / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Donald Trump did not read a Presidential Daily Brief about Russia paying Taliban militants to attack U.S. troops because he was busy not reading a Presidential Daily Brief about the coronavirus, the White House said on Monday.

Kayleigh McEnany, the White House press secretary, angrily accused reporters of being “totally unaware” of just how much Trump has to not read in a given day.

“Day in, day out, the President has to ignore briefs on a wide range of subjects,” McEnany said. “His ‘Do Not Read’ box is overflowing.”

“I’d like to see any of you try to not read all of that stuff,” she said. “It isn’t easy, especially when the briefs have words like ‘URGENT’ and ‘MUST READ’ stamped in big red letters on them.”

After lashing out at the press, McEnany saved her most blistering remarks for the authors of the Presidential Daily Briefs themselves. “Anyone who expects this President to find out something important by reading does not know Donald Trump,” she said.

Edited by prettylight

grieker
27 minutes ago, LTnewsDawg said:

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton took a swipe at President Trump on Tuesday over reports that he had been provided with written briefs on intelligence that Russia offered bounties ...

View the full article

Must have missed the briefs covering facts like it's illegal to destroy government property, it's illegal to destroy government documents, it's illegal to lie to the FBI, it's illegal....

As for the RUSSIA bounty - is it possible that brief never made it to Trump?

grieker
2 minutes ago, prettylight said:

"Sources" - my-oh-my.

I remember how Obama cracked down on RUSSIA when they increased their presence in Syria - NOT!  But "after the election I'll have more lee way".

prettylight

Maybe that's the best construction that can be put on it, that he just didn't read his briefs.

and a worse construction would be, he knew all about it, but sided with Putin (as always), rather than the American soldiers.