skeptic2mod

Edward Hand toast

skeptic2mod

The school will be renamed. Maybe one of those state plaques is enough. Actually I think there is one near Duke and Orange. 

The Columbus bust is going to be debated next. 

skeptic2mod

It will be Southeast or South Ann Middle School until there is input from members of the community. 

I certainly agree that there are more important issues. ..

The county medical society is named after Hand and will also probably be renamed. 

skeptic2mod
1 hour ago, simpleton said:

I thought there was already discussion about the Columbus bust.  Not sure why it's still there.  As for the schools, let's just rename them Northeast, or whatever.  None named after people.  

Lancaster City Council voted to remove the Columbus bust. But since it's on Lancaster County property, they actually are just requesting that it be removed. I assume the county commissioners will respond in some manner.

simpleton
25 minutes ago, skeptic2mod said:

Lancaster City Council voted to remove the Columbus bust. But since it's on Lancaster County property, they actually are just requesting that it be removed. I assume the county commissioners will respond in some manner.

Ok.  I do recall that.  I'm sure it will be gone.

Jasman1017
7 minutes ago, simpleton said:

Crusaders?  What the hell is a blue streak?  Buckskins?  Seems like a few could be called out?

How did we miss Blue Streaks?!?!?  They have a Lion walking around as their mascot the last I looked, but yes, they are still the streaks.  Can one be offended by something so nonspecific as a streak, even a blue one?

Probably tied for the most unusual mascots, if you will, are Columbia and Mannheim Township.

We agreed that the buckskin was a settler, so that's troublesome to some...and he used to be portrayed carrying a musket, clearly a no-no. 

Pastor of Muppets
19 minutes ago, Jasman1017 said:

How did we miss Blue Streaks?!?!?  They have a Lion walking around as their mascot the last I looked, but yes, they are still the streaks.  Can one be offended by something so nonspecific as a streak, even a blue one?

Probably tied for the most unusual mascots, if you will, are Columbia and Mannheim Township.

We agreed that the buckskin was a settler, so that's troublesome to some...and he used to be portrayed carrying a musket, clearly a no-no. 

Blue streak = boucou swearing.

Black knights? Didn't knights stab people with long poles? Jousting? Are they also pointing out the race of the knight?

This will never do.

Pastor of Muppets
49 minutes ago, simpleton said:

Lebanon Cedars?  Are the maples and pines offended?  Do oak lives matter?

The oaks are the oppressors.

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas
The trouble with the maples
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade?
There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream, "oppression"
And the oaks just shake their heads

grieker

If you are offended by someone who has been dead over 514 years - YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!