Jump to content
LTnewsDawg

Bill Gates questions whether FDA can be trusted on vaccine

Recommended Posts

LTnewsDawg

Microsoft founder Bill Gates questioned whether a Food and Drug Administration-approved coronavirus vaccine could be trusted as safe and effective, ...

View the full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pastor of Muppets

Ponderance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeezUS
1 minute ago, simpleton said:

We'll just wait for a Bill Gates approved vaccine 

Betcha you're not the first in line to get one if it's approved by early November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simpleton
6 minutes ago, GeezUS said:

Betcha you're not the first in line to get one if it's approved by early November.

I'm not sure.  I normally get a flu shot in the fall.  I doubt any covid vaccine will be ready by then anyway.  Not going to listen to Gates, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grieker
3 hours ago, GeezUS said:

Betcha you're not the first in line to get one if it's approved by early November.

Difficult to predict which number I would be in line - but I can tell ya, when it's available I'll be in line, just as I do for my two Flu shots each year.

Interesting that the progressive fucks are continuing to push the it won't be safe....  When will it be safe - answer - never even if Beijing Biden wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pastor of Muppets
10 minutes ago, grieker said:

Difficult to predict which number I would be in line - but I can tell ya, when it's available I'll be in line, just as I do for my two Flu shots each year.

Interesting that the progressive fucks are continuing to push the it won't be safe....  When will it be safe - answer - never even if Beijing Biden wins.

Who is pushing that?

Nobody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer Vincent
8 minutes ago, lanzate said:

The majority of antivaxxers have always been progressives.   Getting them to take a vaccine for Covid will be a real challenge.   

Anti-vaxxers have been showing up at reopen protests in state capitals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simpleton
4 minutes ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Anti-vaxxers have been showing up at reopen protests in state capitals.  

So?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer Vincent
Just now, simpleton said:

So?

The right likes to paint them as liberal flakes, but they have their own anti-science agenda that's closer to religious zealots.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeezUS
15 minutes ago, lanzate said:

The majority of antivaxxers have always been progressives.

They may have been at one time, but not now. It's the regressives now in the forefront...

https://medium.com/the-future-is-electric/conservatives-are-now-the-dominant-anti-vaxxers-23086800d689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeezUS
15 minutes ago, simpleton said:

They still are.  But definitely some trumpers have jumped on that bandwagon.

Some? Looks like quite a few...

we asked respondents to place themselves on a five-point scale ranging from “very liberal” to “very conservative.” About 9.9 percent of respondents self-identified as “very liberal”, 17.5 percent as “liberal”, 41.4 percent as “moderate”, 21.6 percent as “conservative”, and 9.6 percent as “very conservative.” […] the overall effect of ideology is not only statistically significant but also substantively meaningful. […] Our findings corroborate analyses that show that the intent to vaccinate differs among conservatives and liberals with conservatives expressing less intent to vaccinate. Similarly, those with lower levels of trust in government medical experts are also less likely to express intent to vaccinate, and these individuals also tend to be conservative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simpleton
15 minutes ago, GeezUS said:

Some? Looks like quite a few...

we asked respondents to place themselves on a five-point scale ranging from “very liberal” to “very conservative.” About 9.9 percent of respondents self-identified as “very liberal”, 17.5 percent as “liberal”, 41.4 percent as “moderate”, 21.6 percent as “conservative”, and 9.6 percent as “very conservative.” […] the overall effect of ideology is not only statistically significant but also substantively meaningful. […] Our findings corroborate analyses that show that the intent to vaccinate differs among conservatives and liberals with conservatives expressing less intent to vaccinate. Similarly, those with lower levels of trust in government medical experts are also less likely to express intent to vaccinate, and these individuals also tend to be conservative.

I'm assuming the question was specific to covid vaccine.  That's not the same as a general refusal of all vaccines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer Vincent
55 minutes ago, lanzate said:
The bulk of antivaxxers have always been liberal.  
 
 

Anti-vaxxers, Jehovah Witnesses, vegans, zombies, whatever.  Are you one of those?  I'm not either.  So what's the point of labeling a very few people to one tribe or the other?  I don't think you can say that all liberals embrace anti-science factions.  Quite the opposite.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer Vincent
33 minutes ago, lanzate said:

Anyone who says something is “settled science” is by definition anti-science.  

Anyone who says that there's no such thing as settled science and leans towards conspiracy theories is anti-science.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simpleton
1 hour ago, Farmer Vincent said:

Anyone who says that there's no such thing as settled science and leans towards conspiracy theories is anti-science.  

"Follow those who seek the truth, run from those who have found it."  This quote in several different forms, has been attributed to several people,  including Proust and Voltaire,  with no true consensus on who really said it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer Vincent

Science is never 100% firm.  What I define 'settled science' is that the probability of something is very high, such as 'the Earth is a sphere or wind is affected by temperature variances.  So the term settled science is conversationally useful and throwing it away because it's technically incorrect is just a way of killing conversation.  

On vaccines we have statistical evidence spanning quite a long time (the first was introduced in 1796) with very strong indication that it works and saves lives.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer Vincent
25 minutes ago, grieker said:

Once science is "settled" there is no more science - that is the definition of science!  

Look how many times science has been wrong and how many times science has been "updated"!!!

Add Beijing Biden to the list of those saying vaccine from Trump won't be trusted.

You seem to think that the science is settled on global warming being cyclical.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...