"I still can’t believe Woodward’s recordings did not matter in a country that heard its president* willfully choose to downplay a virus that has now infected 12 million Americans."

prettylight

• prettylight changed the title to "I still can’t believe Woodward’s recordings did not matter in a country that heard its president* willfully choose to downplay a virus that has now infected 12 million Americans."
Farmer Vincent
3 minutes ago, simpleton said:

So...12 million cases in a country of 340 million.  An infection rate of roughly 3%.  Some quick math shows some European countries like France and Spain have a similar rate of infection, about 3%.

I assume that you're still not okay with the president intentionally misleading people into not taking it seriously, leaving the door open from Europe too long, sidelining experts while undermining their advice, politicizing mask wearing, encouraging people to rise up against state safety mandates, blundering the attempt to get ppe's and ventilators, and holding many superspreader events that resulted in many additional infections.  

Farmer Vincent
56 minutes ago, simpleton said:

We'll never know.  Certainly we could be doing better with mask wearing,  etc.  But seeing the numbers in Europe makes me wonder about the results.   

I don't believe our numbers were inevitable.  We could compare us to Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea as well.